COMPLETE: The Black Buccaneer by Stephen W Meader -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

bergmannw wrote: July 12th, 2023, 6:24 am "feedback" is not a good word to use when discussing recording problems.
:lol:

and there was
Thank you for your input.
but that was on a different level

I shooshied 14 a little, perhaps it will save time and achieve the purpose of people don't exclaim "Blasted internets chewed up another file on me!!!!" I have no idea how to upload it, or if I can.. but I fixed that too.
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

There is a mistook in my last massage, the smellchecker might have got it, or better is I failed to chook my own message before pasting it.
shooshied was meant to be smooshied. Different meaning, sorry if I offended.
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

I have submitted Chapter 18.
At around 11:05, there is a description of a treasure map, which has the word "watter" written on it. You will hear that after speaking this word, I spell it out: "w-a-t-t-e-r" (at 11:11). I did this because, later in the story, the misspelling figures in the plot. The listener needs to know the spelling of the word as it appears on the map.
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

I'm as usual not following the text as I listen, and I'm listening to just an extract of that chapter as I haven't caught up, it sounds just fine that way. It is sensible and correct to do it as you've done.
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

I am going to be out of town and away from my home studio for a couple of weeks. You can expect to see Chapter 19 on or around August 6.
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

Vacation will be extended a bit. I'm looking at posting Chapter 19 around Aug 12.
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

Chapter 15 PL OK
Chapter 16 PL OK
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

Chapter 17 PL OK

I did notice a very soft sound at the end in the silence at the end, but it doesn't matter, it's so soft.
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

I have a couple of notes regarding Chapter 27.
At 7:44, I once again spell out the misspelled "W-A-T-T-E-R," so that the listener has the opportunity (along with the protagonist) to connect what is written on the sign to what had been written on the map. Also, at 9:36, I say "staining" instead of "stained," so that the sentence makes sense.

Thank you, GTO, for your proof listening. Should I go into the "Magic Window" and mark Chapters 15, 16, and 17 PLOK, or do you have access to do that?
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

Has anyone noticed a tinniness in the sound quality of the last few chapters I've submitted?
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

Sorry I'm so slow, you're welcome, and again, Sorry I'm so slow.

I don't have access to the magic window, no. I think there's a co-ordinator who does that sort of thing.

I have been distracted and going slow, that's for sure.

In regards to the tinny-ness, yes I can hear it as I have mentioned before, but it's not a fail and we haven't worked out the cause at all.

most of 21 sounds far away or 'tinny' as you say, whereas 25 sounds closer to the microphone, as one example. As you have said that it's the same setup in all of them, I'm stumped and can't figure it, but I do not think it is anywhere near a show-stopper. It's fine as it is and hopefully something will change it in the future. Have to make do.
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

Hi GTO -- Thank you for your response, and no apologies necessary. I really appreciate the work you've been doing. And -- I am quite sure the tinniness is being caused on my end; I just have to get more sound-tech savvy to address it.
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

You're welcome, and I wouldn't worry about it. It's all systems go as it is, it works. It's entertaining. So eventually either it'll fix itself or you'll work out why, or your system will be replaced or upgraded for other reasons and the problem will disappear. As a result of this and the passage of time you'll be onto some other project and think 'well, I could go back and change it, but I would rather do THIS new one, which takes my interest even more' or 'I'm into drawing advertising posters for death metal concerts these days, where does the time go? no time to redo now' or some such thing. So don't worry.

Chapter 18 PL OK
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

Chapter 19 PL OK
Chapter 20 PL OK
Chapter 21 at 16 minutes 54 seconds, the cassette tape got chewed up too much and when it was wound back in got a knot in it. owch!
bergmannw

Post by bergmannw »

I have resubmitted Chapters 21 and 22, to repair the tinny sound. I also resubmitted Chapter 14.