Requests: History Books

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Received from a listener by email
Hello Librivox –

I’ve just enjoyed listening to your recording of “History of the Reformation of the Sixteenth Century”, but Jean Henri Merle D’Aubigne. It was very well done.

I don’t know if this is the correct place to make requests, but if so, here are a few:

The sequel to the above by Mr. D’Aubigne is “History of the Reformation in the time of Calvin”. It is no longer in print.
Also by Mr. D’Aubigne, “The Reformation in England”, “God’s Underground”, “Rome and the Reformation”
“A Short History of the United States” by Allan Nevins and Henry Steele Commager
“The Ancient World” by T. R. Glover
“A Shortened History of England” by G. M. Trevelyan
“A History of Europe” by H. A. L. Fisher

Thank you, and please let me know if any questions.
Jon Kenimer
(Note to BCs/readers: I haven't checked the online availability or copyright dates on any of the above. That will need to be done before starting a project.)
Jo
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: September 18th, 2023, 2:05 pm Received from a listener by email
Hello Librivox –

I’ve just enjoyed listening to your recording of “History of the Reformation of the Sixteenth Century”, but Jean Henri Merle D’Aubigne. It was very well done.

I don’t know if this is the correct place to make requests, but if so, here are a few:

The sequel to the above by Mr. D’Aubigne is “History of the Reformation in the time of Calvin”. It is no longer in print.
Also by Mr. D’Aubigne, “The Reformation in England”, “God’s Underground”, “Rome and the Reformation”
“A Short History of the United States” by Allan Nevins and Henry Steele Commager
“The Ancient World” by T. R. Glover
“A Shortened History of England” by G. M. Trevelyan
“A History of Europe” by H. A. L. Fisher

Thank you, and please let me know if any questions.
Jon Kenimer
(Note to BCs/readers: I haven't checked the online availability or copyright dates on any of the above. That will need to be done before starting a project.)
I got bored and checked them:
History of the Reformation in the time of Calvin by D’Aubigne: On PG in 8 volumes: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/40857
“The Reformation in England” by D’Aubigne: This is actually just part of the previous collection
“God’s Underground”: I don't see this one available anywhere (possibly not printed in English until 1939?)
“Rome and the Reformation”: Also part of the first collection

“A Short History of the United States” by Allan Nevins and Henry Steele Commager: Not PD (copyright 1945)
“The Ancient World” by T. R. Glover: not PD (copyright 1935)
“A Shortened History of England” by G. M. Trevelyan: Not PD (copyright 1941)
“A History of Europe” by H. A. L. Fisher: Hathitrust has vol. 1 but not 2 or 3 flagged as PD: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.b4906823&seq=5
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks, Ben. I had a suspicion this might be the case.
Jo