If you stop reading, you will DIE, (not actually clickbait)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

You have time to read, it's true. Make time to read a book. Only books will do. It will make you live longer than if you do not read books. News, magazines, phones, do not count. Just reading actual books makes you live longer.

Obviously you have to die at some stage, and if reading makes you live longer, then you'll die when you stop. probably. Or it could be the library cops catch up with you and nail your ass just like people who drink raw milk. (oh yeah, look into drinking raw milk too, like they did 200 years ago, scientific studies prove that everyone who drank raw milk 200 years ago all died. and so shall you. but it does make you look a whole lot better before you go)

(oh and audiobooks, maybe they just make you warp through time in a distracted way. I'm sure they don't count)
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

I'd really enjoy reading the science supporting this. Maybe even recording it, if it's in the public domain. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

DACSoft wrote: September 13th, 2023, 12:24 pm I'd really enjoy reading the science supporting this. Maybe even recording it, if it's in the public domain. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll try to look for a really really really long scientific study in several volumes. In print only!!!

(P.S. no I won't... lazy/busy) :D

(P.P.S. ok I cracked and searched, there's plenty of stuff online about it. I didn't look at any of the links, I just skimmed the first page of results, and that'll probably cost me weeks of life expectancy right there. :lol: )