[?fixed]Poor network performance towards IA

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

Hey,

Is there a known issue with IA at the moment (recent weeks)? I have seen a lot of timeouts when trying to download the chapter MP3's for encoding. I currently encode this project: https://librivox.org/matthew-from-horae-homileticae-by-charles-simeon/

It has been going on for over a day with due to restarts. Currently stuck at chapter 36, Hallowing God's Name (6:9).
Direct link: https://www.archive.org/download/matthew_2308_librivox/matthew_036_simeon_128kb.mp3

The links are correct but it is just terribly slow for me. Could anyone else try this to see if I have a local issue?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's not you, everyone appears to be having the same problem, IA knows about it and say they hope to improve things so I suppose we all have to be patient ( although still frustrated)

Looking at that particular project it seems to be stuck -using our rights as the uploader to view some of the history it says it is waiting for admin (IA not us) and has been for 2.9 days and looking at the IA page it hasn't derived any of our files.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

IA has also stopped updating viewcounts.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

annise wrote: August 27th, 2023, 5:47 am Looking at that particular project it seems to be stuck -using our rights as the uploader to view some of the history it says it is waiting for admin (IA not us) and has been for 2.9 days and looking at the IA page it hasn't derived any of our files.
Argh! I had been watching that one, and it HAD derived all the files! Did it go back to zero?

*checks* Hmm, on my end, it shows all 138 of the 128, 64, and VBR MP3s. :hmm: Maybe different servers show different files.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I was trying to download the zip file . Now the files are there but it says it is deriving and the history says there is a task running .
Shrugs shoulders :? :?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

For the record, while all the files appear to be available, I am unable to download the 128 kbps files by zip.

Archive is having some interesting system problems lately. :?

I'm going to try using a downloader plugin to download them individually. If that works, I will zip them and stick them in Google Drive for your access.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SNZeBscrVllkN6gy5c2lCY_L-B-vHcut/view?usp=sharing

It should be a zip of the 128kb files. Size: about 1.5 GB
BengtW

Post by BengtW »

Thank you, very kind. I will find a way to inject them as input to the script.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Seems to be back to normal.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It does - downloading zips seems to be running smoothly again. Anne