Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Welcome back, Anthony. :)
Jo
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thank you! I am already looking around for more stuff. Not sure I can do as much as before, but I can try to do my part! lol
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:16 pm I can pick this up.

Robin - files are now in my MC folder so please upload your new files there as well.
Thank you!
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

afutterer wrote: July 25th, 2022, 12:29 pm Nice. I have lost touch with Librivox over the past few years. Time to get back in!
Thank you!
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

I have posted section 7.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

robinlamb wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 11:17 pm I have posted section 7.
Wonderful! :9:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 7

-At about 7.52m into this recording, the volume shifts from very low to more of a normal level. Is there a way to make the recording volume more uniform throughout?

Thank you!
Anthony

robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

Updated section 7. I didn't have the whole track selected when I raised the volume, and didn't notice because it still passed Checker.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Yes, that also threw me off a bit. It was only when I looked at the waveform in audacity that I was able to see why the change in volume was happening. It is good to go now. Thanks!
Anthony

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Robin.
It's been a few months since you last login here - still planning to continue recording this project?
IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
Hope to hear from you,

Jo
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

PM sent.
Jo
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

It's been a very long time since I worked on this. But I finally posted another chapter section 8.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sirlauncelot_08_pyle_128kb.mp3 Length 30:42.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Welcome back, Robin. :)
Jo
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

robinlamb wrote: August 29th, 2023, 11:37 am It's been a very long time since I worked on this. But I finally posted another chapter section 8.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/sirlauncelot_08_pyle_128kb.mp3 Length 30:42.
:clap:
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

~1:18-1:22 - There is a repeat phrase here.

That is all I found. I was glad to be able to listen to this tale again! Such wonderful literature.
Anthony