Android App vs iPhone App [NOT LV]

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Ackbach

Post by Ackbach »

I love the LibriVox app! Being able to listen to LibriVox recording while I'm running, for example, is tremendous.

I have been using Runkeeper to track my running while listening to LibriVox books. On Android this worked exactly how I wanted: Runkeeper would give me a stats update every 0.5 mile, LibriVox would pause, wait until the announcement was done, and then automatically resume.

Unfortunately, on iPhone, with the default settings, this is not what happens. On iPhone, the Runkeeper announcement will pause LibriVox, but it won't automatically start back up again. I have to fingerprint into the phone and restart it manually. This is clearly undesirable behavior. I really do want the Runkeeper announcments; but how can I get LibriVox to pick back up again after the announcement? Is this an iOS thing, a LibriVox thing, or a Runkeeper thing?

Thanks!
Mirabilis Max: Iam, tote mortuus..., cum tote mortuo, saepe tantum una res est quam agere potes.

Inigo: Quid est illud?

Mirabilis Max: Per vestes suas quaerere et nummos laxos circumspicere.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Sorry you are having problems, Ackbach. However, LibriVox.org is not affiliated with any apps (paid or otherwise). There have been a number of apps developed which include our free audiobooks in the material that they offer. We don't have any control over or involvement with these apps. They don't need our permission to include Librivox audiobooks in their catalog, and we don't receive anything back in return.

If you are using the app "LibriVox Audio Books" - which I repeat we do not have anything to do with, please contact the app developer directly. As far as we can see from the Google Drive and Amazon app stores, that particular app was developed by Book Design and gives a support email of support@bookdesign.biz. If this is the app you were using, you might try emailing them or the app store where you got the app with your question.
Jo
Ackbach

Post by Ackbach »

Oh, I see. Thanks, Jo! I'll look them up.
Mirabilis Max: Iam, tote mortuus..., cum tote mortuo, saepe tantum una res est quam agere potes.

Inigo: Quid est illud?

Mirabilis Max: Per vestes suas quaerere et nummos laxos circumspicere.