COMPLETE - MYSTERY The Film Mystery by Arthur B. Reeve lb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Maikki

Post by Maikki »

Hey, thrilled to have you aboard, Brian!

The pool is nice and warm and full of nice folks, so you made the right move jumping in!

There is tons and tons of help around here, I know, because I needed a bunch of it when I got started. Let me know if you don't find what you're looking for.

I would suggest sending in a small test file to begin with, to rule out problems that will be easy to fix before spending time reading long chapters. Like my big problem was volume, and a persistent buzz in the background. A couple of lines from the beginning of chapter 22 perhaps. It's also a great way to run through the whole process once to get comfortable. :)

I look forward to your readings, glad you've taken the plunge!

Maikki
Maikki

I can no longer read quietly, can you?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Maikki,

Put me down for Chapter 10 Chemical Research, please.

Thanks,
Jo
Maikki

Post by Maikki »

You got it, Jo, thanks! :D

Maikki
Maikki

kingkicoty

Post by kingkicoty »

I'd like to record chapters 19-21, if that is alright.
Maikki

Post by Maikki »

kingkicoty wrote:I'd like to record chapters 19-21, if that is alright.
Hi kingkicoty,

I've signed you up for chapters 19-21.

Since it looks like this is your first chapter for Librivox, please have a look at the NewbieGuideToRecording and read through the notes in the first post of this thread if you haven't already done so. Some folks like to send in a short test recording to check on their technical setup before recording a full chapter, but I will leave that up to you. Either way, please let us know by what name you would like to be listed in the catalog. If you have a website, that can be linked as well.

Thanks and welcome to Librivox. :)

Maikki
Maikki

Hoosemon

Post by Hoosemon »

Hi Maikki,

I would suggest sending in a small test file to begin with, to rule out problems that will be easy to fix before spending time reading long chapters.

Here's mine. Let me know if it needs tweaking. I think I'm getting this Audacity thing down ok. Used to work sound for bands many moons ago so it's not too foreign to me. I recorded a test file on my Windows computer first but the fan noise was too loud so I'm freezing in the basement recording on our Linux box.

Let me know what you think...

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/xx/Hoosemon.mp3

Brian
Maikki

Post by Maikki »

Hey Brian,
You sound great! The only thing I'd say is the volume could be bumped up just a smidgeon. But that could be at my end, a ruckus going on...

So go for it, I look forward to hearing your chapters!

Is your Linux box in the cold basement because it's a penguin? :lol:

Ours is in the den, but we do have to throw snow on it daily! :)

Maikki
Maikki

luciburg

Post by luciburg »

[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]
Maikki

Post by Maikki »

Thanks, Lucy, for your chapters! :)

Maikki
Maikki

Hoosemon

Post by Hoosemon »

Maikki wrote:Hey Brian,
You sound great! The only thing I'd say is the volume could be bumped up just a smidgeon.
Thanks for the feedback, I will bump it up a little.
Is your Linux box in the cold basement because it's a penguin? :lol:
Ha! That's good. It's actually in the basement cuz that's the "Man Cave" where I tinker with stuff. Of course It's been invaded by my kids.

I realized after typing, it's didn't make much sense complaining about being cold when I'm in Upstate NY and you're in Alaska.

Did you happen to check out any of the Junior Olympics in Anchorage? My son's been watching results every day because some of his buds are skiing in the Nordic races.

Well, thanks again. I'll have some full chapters soon.

Brian
alana

Post by alana »

If it has not already been claimed, I would like to do Ch 7 Enid Faye. This will be my first Librivox recording, but I have read all the Newbie information and think I am ready to go.

Alana
Maikki

Post by Maikki »

alana wrote:If it has not already been claimed, I would like to do Ch 7 Enid Faye. This will be my first Librivox recording, but I have read all the Newbie information and think I am ready to go.

Alana
Absolutely you can have Ch 7, Alana. And welcome aboard, you'll have so much fun here, you'll see! :)

If you want you can send in a test file, a couple of lines from your chapter or something, to rule out any major technical problems before you spend time reading a whole chapter. It also allows you to run thru the whole process once to get comfortable as you begin. I'll leave that up to you.

Please let me know also how you want to be listed in the catalog.

Glad to have you adding to this mystery,
Maikki
Maikki

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Maikki,

Here's the link to Chapter 10:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/thefilmmystery_10_reeve.mp3

11:21 min

Jo
Jo
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 4, recorded and uploaded: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lb/thefilmmystery_04_reeve.mp3

Time: 19:40
Size: 18.0 MB

:D
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Maikki

Post by Maikki »

Hoosemon wrote: Did you happen to check out any of the Junior Olympics in Anchorage? My son's been watching results every day because some of his buds are skiing in the Nordic races.

Well, thanks again. I'll have some full chapters soon.

Brian
I haven't been in town to see any events, but I do watch the results on the local news in the evenings. So for all practical purposes I'm no closer to them than you guys are, isn't that stupid. That's cool for your son to watch his friends, hope they're enjoying there trip.

I did go see the official start of the Iditarod dog sled race a couple of weeks ago, as they start about three miles from my house. I guess it takes a lot for me to put my city threads on and burn enough gasoline to get myself down to the "city" (i.e. Anchorage) :)

Maikki
Maikki