looking for advice on saving file and uploading

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
MeaganRose

Post by MeaganRose »

Hello!

I am new to LibriVox and just made my test recording. I saved the file to my computer and it is currently in an Audacity folder on my desktop. When I click on my recording, it plays, but does not have volume. I chose Media Player for its playback when I saved it. What could I do differently, so I could hear my recording before uploading it?

Also, I do not know how to upload my recording to the test forum page. I read the information about uploading, but could not seem to do it. There was a new username and password to use when uploading ([removed - it was correct]). How does that work? It would not let me log in with that information.

Thank you very much for helping me out! I really appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Meagan Rose
:)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Did you export your recording to MP3?

If so, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to hear it when playing it.

Are your speakers on? Can you hear anything else you try to play in WMP?

There's a Gain slider in Audacity, to the left of your sound wave graphics. Make sure that's dead center. (If it somehow got moved to the left, it would export the recording quieter or all the way to silent.)

Regarding the uploader, I did answer that in the other post you made, but for others reading this, I asked what kind of error she was getting and to make sure the login/PW were using L's rather than 1's.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

To add:

You can troubleshoot if there are any problems with your MP3 by using the Checker program. It's a small program the spouse of a LibriVoxer developed to check the tech settings. It's used to check the volume and other tech settings. It's here: https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/

The volume information is in the Information tab. We aim for 89 dB, but anything between about 86 and 92 is good.
MeaganRose

Post by MeaganRose »

Hello,

I am struggling with all of the information that LibriVox provided for new readers. I just completed my test reading and wanted to use the checker program that was suggested. I tried to download it, but received a message that only administrates could access it. I wonder why it was offered as an option if we cannot access it? May I have advice please on how to check the volume of my work before submitting it?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Meagan Rose
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've merged your new thread into this one, so that all the questions and answers can be in one place.

You clicked on https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/ and got that message? That is very weird.

What kind of computer are you using?