For any Admins it wasn't a hacker

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Yesterday it will look as though somebody was trying to crack my account brute force many times in succession.

But it was me. To be precise it was my password manager that was set to autofill, used the wrong password for my BC account for books, DPL etc. Then the password manager automatically tried again and again about 10 times in a minute. I turned my password manager off and logged in manually. I don't want to say which manager it was.

I might ditch the password manager. It's more trouble than what it's worth.

It wasn't a hacker. It just looked like it. :shock:
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ha!

I use KeePass - and have my BC and forum login set to the same password. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

I don't trust password managers. I can't get past the showstopping idea that the best way to protect your (/kids?) password is to give it (/them) away to strangers. Although, when it's not like, a librivox password, I'll sometimes use 'password' as the password, in honor of podesta. Cause for many things, there's no point to secure it.

Also, look at it this way, the 'powers that be' are so intent about getting into your computer at every level they are now blanket discrediting firewalls, you know, those things that are meant to be protecting your computer ? they're saying oh you don't need a front door for your house, it won't do anything at all, really, trust us.

Also in western countries, the 'authoratai' <cartman> has given themselves the right to log into any social media and change or delete anything you have said, no court orders, just any one of them, at any time, can change anything they like. Global edit button.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I don't trust password managers. I can't get past the showstopping idea that the best way to protect your (/kids?) password is to give it (/them) away to strangers.
I don't give them away. KeePass is installed on my computer (or on a USB stick) and doesn't "phone home". It doesn't connect to the internet.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

at first it sounds plausible, unless it is a windows computer, in which case microsoft has access to _everything_ which is no secret. Microsoft is pressing people hard to have just a 'virtual' computer in 'the cloud' which is like, :roll:

Then again, elon and others are working to hack people's brains too.