Librivox Wav file or higher kbps?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
copyright4music

Post by copyright4music »

Hello there,

Anyone know if there’s a way to get a higher quality sound recording such as wav or 320kbps for a specific Librivox recording? I have downloaded a 128kbps and just wondering if there’s a higher quality file available.

Thank you!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Hello!

We most likely can't help you with that - our submissions all come in as MP3 files at 128kbps.

While the readers might keep the original recordings in whatever format their recording or editing tools use, it's pretty common to discard them once submitted, or once the book is catalogued.

You might be able to find a tool to "upsample" and fill in the blanks, and those tools are likely to be better than ever with the recent "AI" trend. If you need this audio for a particular project, you could also post in our Off-Topic forum to see if anyone's interested in recording anew. The more detail you provide about the project and the work involved, the more easily folks could judge whether they're up for it.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

It's definitely worth checking with the reader for the WAV or FLAC file, though. I keep mine, and I've no idea how many others do, too.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

I presume you want higher quality files so you can better resell them for a profit?
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page