Weird things not in your native language

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I have no idea what Amazon was thinking today when it recommended this to me:

Découvrir linux poche pour les nuls Paperback – 31 December 2099

Description:

Un premier livre pour ceux qui débutent avec Linux, pas de jargon technique, juste des solutions simples pour découvrir un univers libre et riche ! Linux est un système d'exploitation libre et gratuit d'une stabilité et d'un ergonomie sans pareil. Ce livre va vous guider pas à pas dans la découverte du système d'exploitation et de tous les logiciels qu'il contient. De la découverte de l'interface de Linux en passant par la gestion des fichiers, la connexion Internet ou la gestion de votre courrier électronique, on vous dit tout. Au programs: La terminologie Linux enfin claire Les interfaces graphiques de Linux: GNOME et KDE Répertoires et les permissions Le shell, l'environnement de commandes Linux Connexion Internet Utiliser la messagerie électronique Découverte de OpenOffice. org 3

Whoa there Amazon. Yes, I did search for Linux products. But this French language ability that you flatter me with? I have the French speaking skills of a lamp post. What's the year 2099? I am John Titor? :lol:
Use an RSS Feed and you will never be hungry again.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Then I got recommended a Linux book in Japanese:

Linuxをマスターしたい人のための実践Ubuntu Tankobon Softcover – 9 December 2022

Amazon you're not doing well.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

They are probably trying to sell you French and Japanese learning books as well :lol:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Amazon exists to sell you something, Do you expect it to say sorry, can't help if there is a slight chance you might be multilingual. And now you have told all of us to the word has spread further.......... :D

Anne
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

annise wrote: June 21st, 2023, 4:06 am Amazon exists to sell you something, Do you expect it to say sorry, can't help if there is a slight chance you might be multilingual. And now you have told all of us to the word has spread further.......... :D

Anne
But it hasn't recommended anything in Mandarin Chinese. That's the only language that I know a bit about besides English :lol: