State of the Union addresses

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Before health requires me to retire from LV, I'd like to get certain long-term projects completed. These include the State of the Union series.

We'll soon be up to President Ford who gave just three addresses. I have stated to record these but don't know if just the three justifies its own project. Ford could be included with President Carter, who gave four addresses.

Frankly, I'd like to do these as separate projects.

Do you think this would be all right?

It's really up to the MC who might take on the project, I guess.

Perhaps this is a silly question, but I'm not sure I'm up to recording seven more sections at this time.

An alternative would be for me to record the Ford addresses and ask others to help with Carter. That would take longer, however. Or at least I assume it would. I don't know really how popular these addresses are.

Any advice?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Kevin, sure, I will set them up separately whenever you wish. Frankly I would not like to see them bundled with any other president's; each one is unique. just give me the nod when you are ready. And hey that's a bummer about your health problems. I did not know you were ill but they must be serious is you are thinking of retiring from LV. Not much i can do except wish you better health. :(
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

philchenevert wrote: June 20th, 2023, 7:43 am Kevin, sure, I will set them up separately whenever you wish. Frankly I would not like to see them bundled with any other president's; each one is unique. just give me the nod when you are ready. And hey that's a bummer about your health problems. I did not know you were ill but they must be serious is you are thinking of retiring from LV. Not much i can do except wish you better health. :(
Thank you, Phil.

My health problems are nothing to worry about at this point, though some days I just don't have the energy to record. I'll hopefully transition to DPLing before I fully retire.