Help please.

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
banjaxed

Post by banjaxed »

Hi,

I have been a LibriVox member for several years and have only recently discovered the new website. While the old site is still usable I thought it would be a good idea to switch to the new one. My problem is finding my downloaded books on the new site as there does not appear to be any obvious place to find my books on the new site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Maurice.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm not sure what you mean by "the new site." I don't believe anything has changed since 2013.

What do you mean "finding your downloaded books on the new site"? There is no spot on our website (old or new) where books are stored by individuals. Books are downloaded to someone's computer or device, but aren't stored in any way on our site.

Are you referring to an old app? If that's what you mean, then that's a different animal altogether.

While there's a "LibriVox books" app which (obviously) uses the LV name and sources our books, we don't own it, or develop or support it. You'd have to speak with the app developers to get your questions answered about it.

This probably doesn't help you much, of which I apologize. :) But it at least gives you a little information. If you have other questions about librivox.org itself, we'll be happy to answer them for you.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I found one of your old threads. Here's a good starting place, if you're having similar issues as before: viewtopic.php?p=1401925#p1401925
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble today generating a a project template after I have filled in the solo launch form. I don't think it's my internet connection. Is anyone else having this problem?

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

pnagami wrote: June 13th, 2023, 10:22 am Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble today generating a a project template after I have filled in the solo launch form. I don't think it's my internet connection. Is anyone else having this problem?

Pam
Is it a new author?
Do you get an error message?

Someone recently had a case where they got a blank screen after submitting the form. It eventually went away and started acting normally.
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Tricia!

Blank screen.

Will retry later.

Thanks!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson