COMPLETE[PLAY] Hansel and Gretel, by Adelheid Wette - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

I do not want to stick out like a sore thumb. I would be happy to read it.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

tefavidal wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:43 am
BrianFullen wrote: May 27th, 2023, 9:07 pm PLOK! Wonderfully done. Thank you so much. Cheers, Brian
Hi Brian!
Thanks for the quick PL!
Here are the stage directions for acts 2 and 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hanselandgretel_stagedirections_2.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hanselandgretel_stagedirections_3.mp3

Cheers,
Estefania
Fabulous! Thank you. They are, of course, PLOK. So, is Shakespeare al Fresco sold out? I don't know if I could swing the travel and expense, but you never know. Sounds fascinating. I hope you are enjoying yourself. :D
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

norahnelson wrote: May 28th, 2023, 6:15 pm Hi Brain,

Here is the last of Gretel:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hanselandgretel_gretel_3.mp3

Norah
Hi Norah,

Perfect! Thank you so much!

Cheers,
Brian
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

This time I am submitting this for your comic relief. If this is too comical, let me know, I will read again. I was channeling my inner Bozo the Clown/ Mad Hatter/ Dew Fairy at the same time. lol sorry

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hanselandgretel_03_dewman2.mp3
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

MajorToast wrote: May 29th, 2023, 8:51 pm This time I am submitting this for your comic relief. If this is too comical, let me know, I will read again. I was channeling my inner Bozo the Clown/ Mad Hatter/ Dew Fairy at the same time. lol sorry

I LIKE it. If you are happy with it then so am I.

I'd say it's word perfect except I'm hearing "tree and flowers" instead of "trees and flowers".

I don't think that singularity is cause for redo unless you want to correct. I'll leave that to you. We can go with it as is or if you think it should be fixed and trust me on the edit then I believe that the "s" should be easy to add from, say, the end of flowers.

I will mark it PLOK tomorrow unless you want to perfect it yourself or want me to give it a go via edit. If you choose the latter, I can upload and let you listen to see if you are happy with what I do.

I hope that's not too many options. Mainly, I want you to be happy with your recording. I already am.

Cheers.
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

BrianFullen wrote: May 29th, 2023, 9:04 pm
MajorToast wrote: May 29th, 2023, 8:51 pm This time I am submitting this for your comic relief. If this is too comical, let me know, I will read again. I was channeling my inner Bozo the Clown/ Mad Hatter/ Dew Fairy at the same time. lol sorry

I'd say it's word perfect except I'm hearing "tree and flowers" instead of "trees and flowers".

I don't think that singularity is cause for redo unless you want to correct. I'll leave that to you. We can go with it as is or if you think it should be fixed and trust me on the edit then I believe that the "s" should be easy to add from, say, the end of flowers.

I will mark it PLOK tomorrow unless you want to perfect it yourself or want me to give it a go via edit. If you choose the latter, I can upload and let you listen to see if you are happy with what I do.

I hope that's not too many options. Mainly, I want you to be happy with your recording. I already am.

Cheers.
TBH , I did say tree and flowers and already tried to punch in a short " ess" at the end of tree. Feel free to correct it more. I am ok with it , if you want me to correct it I would be happy to.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

MajorToast wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:55 pm
BrianFullen wrote: May 29th, 2023, 9:04 pm

Cheers.
TBH , I did say tree and flowers and already tried to punch in a short " ess" at the end of tree. Feel free to correct it more. I am ok with it , if you want me to correct it I would be happy to.
Sounds great. PLOK. Thank you.
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

BrianFullen wrote: May 29th, 2023, 5:02 pm
norahnelson wrote: May 28th, 2023, 6:15 pm Hi Brain,

Here is the last of Gretel:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hanselandgretel_gretel_3.mp3

Norah
Hi Norah,

Perfect! Thank you so much!

Cheers,
Brian
Thank you! I loved doing this book. And I'd love to do more books with you Brain; you were a wonderful BC.
~Norah Leigh ~
"Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but has risen!" Luke 24:5-6
[DR, Children]The Box-Car Children (Only 6 small roles open!)
[Group, History]In the Days of Queen Elizabeth (Full)
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Status Update: I plan to record Gingerbread Children on Friday and have their lines in Act 3 this weekend at which time Act 3 will be ready for PL.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Brian
I see you are still advertising for a DPL even though you seem to have done most of the parts yourself. I would be happy to PL your lines and the final acts if that will help.
Let me know :?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

BrianFullen wrote: June 7th, 2023, 10:12 pm Children are ready for PL! :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/hanselandgretel_children_3.mp3
PL notes for Children:
Although the words are all basically there I think the multi-tracking makes them very difficult to understand. It might be better to try to find a way to make them clearer to a listener (I never attempt multi-tracking as I don't have the editing skills to do it well) :hmm:
The voice credit would be better read by a single voice.
Your decision, of course. You could mark it PL OK as it stands :?
Alan
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

alanmapstone wrote: June 8th, 2023, 9:11 pm
PL notes for Children:
Although the words are all basically there I think the multi-tracking makes them very difficult to understand. It might be better to try to find a way to make them clearer to a listener (I never attempt multi-tracking as I don't have the editing skills to do it well) :hmm:
Fantastic Alan. I appreciate your offer to PL.

Interesting timing. I've been spending the last hour or two trying to make the children' lines more intelligible. After the mixing the tracks, I used a change speed effect - increased by 20 -25 % depending on the lines so as to make them sound more 'child like - which closed the gaps between lines somewhat.

I'll upload a version that I believe sounds more clear and I hope you won't mind spending a few minutes to see if you agree. I'll post when it's up. It'll probably take maybe an hour or less. Cheers!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

PL notes for Children:
Hi Alan,

I've uploaded a new version to the same location, accessible from Listen URL in MW. The children's lines now seem quite clear to my hearing, but then I've been listening to them for a while so maybe that's why. Who knows?

Anyway I recorded a dozen voices but had to send one of the kids off for misbehavior. The most I mixed in any stanza was seven; the fewest was 3. If you think a listener still cannot understand what they are saying please let me know. I saved each stanza in its own project so it should be a simple matter to go back to any of the stanzas and rework it. If you think a particular line or even word within a line is unclear, it will be most helpful for me to have that information so that I can hone in on the problem.

One of the kids, who goes by Rufus, does have a bit of a speech impediment; OK, well Rufus is really me with my tongue at the roof of mouth while I was recording. :wink:

I'll consider using my normal (hah, I don't have one) voice for credit, or maybe another solution since our excellent Stage Directions include Role/Read By and I could probably leverage that. I don't usually include the optional Read By in book recordings but I recently did some bit parts for plays or DR and maybe I could copy my name from one of those and ply it with the Stage Direction for a credit. I'll figure it out for sure before Act 1 is ready for PL.

Thanks again for taking on DPL.

Best,
Brian
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

BrianFullen wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:55 pm
PL notes for Children:
I've uploaded a new version to the same location, accessible from Listen URL in MW. The children's lines now seem quite clear to my hearing, but then I've been listening to them for a while so maybe that's why. Who knows?
Anyway I recorded a dozen voices but had to send one of the kids off for misbehavior. The most I mixed in any stanza was seven; the fewest was 3. If you think a listener still cannot understand what they are saying please let me know. I saved each stanza in its own project so it should be a simple matter to go back to any of the stanzas and rework it. If you think a particular line or even word within a line is unclear, it will be most helpful for me to have that information so that I can hone in on the problem.
One of the kids, who goes by Rufus, does have a bit of a speech impediment; OK, well Rufus is really me with my tongue at the roof of mouth while I was recording. :wink:
I'll consider using my normal (hah, I don't have one) voice for credit, or maybe another solution since our excellent Stage Directions include Role/Read By and I could probably leverage that. I don't usually include the optional Read By in book recordings but I recently did some bit parts for plays or DR and maybe I could copy my name from one of those and ply it with the Stage Direction for a credit. I'll figure it out for sure before Act 1 is ready for PL.
Certainly an improvement and OK to be used if you want a multi-tracking version :thumbs:

Voice Credits are optional for most projects but for Dramatic Works everyone in the cast should get a voice credit whether it is read by the reader themselves or the stage directions reader.

Did you really record 12 different voices. That is a bit excessive, most editors use 2 or 3 :lol:
Alan