[COMPLETE][Fantastic fiction]The Dream: A Novel by H. G. Wells - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GillH wrote: February 14th, 2023, 2:54 amKitty, could you check whether the outro for Section1 is acceptable?
I would say "End of Section 1", to stay consistent with the intro. Careful with the end silence, it's nearly 6 seconds, instead of the standard 5, I would cut a bit there.

Other than that yes it's fine, the reader is allowed to say the name, city, date of recording. Though I would say it either in the intro, or in the outro, not in both to prevent overkill.

I'll check the bit about the website still...I cannot find the site... maybe the reader could specify what it is about. :hmm:

As for regional accent, we usually don't correct that as DPLer unless specifically asked by the reader. I'm not sure at what high level John wants to have feedback. Maybe wait for him to chime in there.

Sonia
GillH

Post by GillH »

Thanks, Sonia.
(I wasn't correcting a regional accent of the reader's per se, but he has chosen to narrate the text in a 'British' accent so it jars when certain words are not pronounced according to that. Anyway, it was as an aside, meant to be constructive, not for correction.)

EDIT: I found the website. It's a blog.
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

GillH, you're doing great. I absolutely do not mind being corrected on the accent - particularly on the narration. The character voices maybe not as much, them being far enough in their Utopian future that current regions are less meaningful.

This is exactly what I asked for. I'll work on the changes recommended.
GillH

Post by GillH »

:thumbs:
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

Getting back into projects after a move and a play.

This particular file is one that I want to carefully edit for correct pronuciation.
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

I really wanted to do this, but I just jumped on it at an inopportune time. I think that I should let someone else take this project if they want it.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

deLorinel wrote: June 7th, 2023, 10:52 pmI really wanted to do this, but I just jumped on it at an inopportune time. I think that I should let someone else take this project if they want it.
thank you for letting me know. It's no problem to turn this into a group project. I can take over as BC for you and update the MW. I see the chapters are way too long, we need to cut them up in shorter sizes.

Question for Gill: are you willing to stay on as DPL even if it is a group project now ?

Sonia
GillH

Post by GillH »

Yes, that's fine.
What about the corrections to Section 1? Or do we discard and open it up again?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GillH wrote: June 8th, 2023, 3:01 amYes, that's fine.
What about the corrections to Section 1? Or do we discard and open it up again?
no deLorinel wanted to correct section 1 still and participate.

It's especially the intro that needs tweaking I think. Not too many corrections needed.

But the chapters are long :shock: I am currently breaking them up in bitesizes.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok MW is up to date, we now have 24 sections that should be average sized.

We are moving to Readers Wanted :)

Sonia
marisad6

Post by marisad6 »

May I read sections 2 & 3, please?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

marisad6 wrote: June 10th, 2023, 10:22 amMay I read sections 2 & 3, please?
yes certainly, Marisa, thank you for your interest.

Please check the MW for the exact title and which parts need to be included in those sections, it's not an entire chapter to read as they are pretty long for one section.

Sonia
nslowik

Post by nslowik »

Hello!

I love H. G. Wells! I was planning on reading this novel anyway, so this is perfect timing. Could I take sections 5-7 (chapter 3)?

You can see that I am still new to LibriVox, but I just finished up my first contribution to a collaborative project and had a great time!

Thank you!
Noah
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

nslowik wrote: June 14th, 2023, 6:57 pmI love H. G. Wells! I was planning on reading this novel anyway, so this is perfect timing. Could I take sections 5-7 (chapter 3)?
hey Noah and welcome aboard. I see you are writing a thesis on Wells, so you will be the perfect addition to this project. 8-) Sections 5-7 are assigned to you. All the details on how to read the intro, title, etc and how to name the file correctly are in the first post. Please pay special attention to the very long titles, which I noted down for your convenience in the Magic Window.

Thanks, and have fun recording.

Sonia
Xtofer42

Post by Xtofer42 »

I would like to take sections 8 through 12, please.