Template Generator won't upload!

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Hi there!

I've filled in and tried to upload the Template Generator for a new solo several times since yesterday and I get a can't connect error message every time. HTTP ERROR 500

Is it a temporary problem?? Or can I do something at my end?

Your help will be very much appreciated! Thanks. :)
Celine
barleyguy

Post by barleyguy »

This is a recurring issue that I believe is caused by the server trying to populate the "Author ID". There's another thread on the issue a few posts down.

The admins here may be able to help you work around the issue. Though the long term fix is a code change in the website.

viewtopic.php?t=97610
So that's what an invisible barrier looks like... (Time Bandits)
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I know what the problem is.

The author's name is a pseudonym which may not be recognized. I'll try to enter the author's real name or leave it out altogether with just birth date etc. and see what happens.

Thanks again!!! Have a good evening!!
Celine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

If the pseudonym doesn't have weird characters in it, and if the birth and death years have only numerical characters, it should enter no problem. But yeah - if it's a brand new author (not in the pick list), your safest option is to leave them out altogether and let your MC enter them - although that will mess up your intro/outro/filename in the template.

Who is the author? If you post in the next 5 minutes, I can enter them, and then you can just select them. After 5 minutes I'm headed out the door. :lol:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

TriciaG wrote: April 17th, 2023, 3:14 pm If the pseudonym doesn't have weird characters in it, and if the birth and death years have only numerical characters, it should enter no problem. But yeah - if it's a brand new author (not in the pick list), your safest option is to leave them out altogether and let your MC enter them - although that will mess up your intro/outro/filename in the template.

Who is the author? If you post in the next 5 minutes, I can enter them, and then you can just select them. After 5 minutes I'm headed out the door. :lol:
:D Just sent you a PM. NO rush. Have a nice evening!!!
Celine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

PM'd you back!
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi,
I am having trouble with the generator not giving me back anything - just a blank page. At least this time I made a copy so I have all the info at hand, but help :help:
Linda Andrus
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

A blank page is unusual. Do you have any script blockers or other security type processes (other than ad blockers - they're not suspect)?
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi Tricia,
No script blockers or anything that I haven't had since before my last project.
I'll give it a go again now, maybe my bad day carried over into my internet efforts. :roll:
It worked now. Thanks
Linda Andrus
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Tricia,

Same computer. Solo launch number 101. Blank screen again when I click on the generate project code.

Any ideas?

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm asking the other admins.

A different browser? Perhaps there's a script blocker or ad blocker that is disrupting things? But unless they were updated recently, they shouldn't have changed...
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Pam - Can you post the info you are entering into the template generator (or PM it to me), so l can see if I can spot the issue?
Jo
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Jo!

So far it’s all gotten erased 4 times but the next time I will try to send you a photo of it.

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Hi Jo,

By trial and error I figured out that I was having the same problem that was previously reported--the template was not accepting an author not previously in the data base. I had to pick an author in the data base and then edit him out of the template and put the correct one in.

Tricky problem!

Thanks,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Glad you figured it out, Pam, but that is not a good solution. Whatever author/translator you added in the template carries over into the database entry. Editing it when you post the template does not fix that. If you run into this again, ask an admin to add the new author and/or translator to the database first and then fill in the template with the correct names.
Jo