ZOOM Discussion Thread

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
msfry

Post by msfry »

I added the wordstotime link to the Word Count wiki, along with this description: gives an estimated file length as well as word count depending on your speaking speed -- slow, medium, fast.

Bill says he's willing to give us a 5 minute demo of this in the July Zoom session?

We need to decide whether to do Monday, July 3rd which falls in the 4th of July weekend, or July 12th. What do ya'll prefer? Either is fine by me.
msfry

Post by msfry »

The video for the June session is uploaded. I'll add more as time permits. You can find it here:

Librivox Zoom Chat Sessions
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

Any decision on the date for the July zoom meeting?
msfry

Post by msfry »

PhyllisV wrote: July 1st, 2023, 8:27 am Any decision on the date for the July zoom meeting?
I haven't heard from anyone. but the more who can make it, the better, so please speak up.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

I think the second Monday of July would work better than the first Monday, due to the Fourth of July holiday.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

I second.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MaryinArkansas wrote: July 1st, 2023, 10:25 am I think the second Monday of July would work better than the first Monday, due to the Fourth of July holiday.
Not for me. We'll be travelling by then so probably will now miss two in a row. But, that's just me.
On the other hand, hoping to have a face to face with someone(s) in Baton Rouge later in the month.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

msfry wrote: July 1st, 2023, 9:42 am
PhyllisV wrote: July 1st, 2023, 8:27 am Any decision on the date for the July zoom meeting?
I haven't heard from anyone. but the more who can make it, the better, so please speak up.

The 10th works for me
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Since I don't really have a life, any and every Monday will be fine by me.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

silverquill wrote: July 1st, 2023, 10:30 am On the other hand, hoping to have a face to face with someone(s) in Baton Rouge later in the month.
Phil and I are planning to take you out somewhere for dinner, but looks like our three most iconic Cajun restaurants have folded or are "closed for repairs". We may have to do . . . Chinese buffet! :shock:
Went to Olive Garden last weekend for "Father's Day", and their menu has been cut down by half. The waiter reported they have trouble finding good staff, competent chefs, and specialty Italian ingredients, so they've eliminated their most labor-intensive dishes. My favorite "Braised beef tortellini" is no more.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

msfry wrote: July 1st, 2023, 11:39 am
silverquill wrote: July 1st, 2023, 10:30 am On the other hand, hoping to have a face to face with someone(s) in Baton Rouge later in the month.
Phil and I are planning to take you out somewhere for dinner, but looks like our three most iconic Cajun restaurants have folded or are "closed for repairs". We may have to do . . . Chinese buffet! :shock:
Went to Olive Garden last weekend for "Father's Day", and their menu has been cut down by half. The waiter reported they have trouble finding good staff, competent chefs, and specialty Italian ingredients, so they've eliminated their most labor-intensive dishes. My favorite "Braised beef tortellini" is no more.
What about those quickie Cajun spots like Rice 'N Roux? They ain't fancy but they have gumbo and boudin and other delicacies?
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

I'm calling the Zoom meeting date for July 10th. Larry, maybe you can stop at a Mac Cafe or StarBucks for brunch, hook up to their wi-fi, and join us.

Ya'll have a safe and happy July 4th holiday. John and I plan on staying home, heating up those scrumptuous pre-seasoned Curly's baby back ribs, baked beans, cole slaw, watermelon, and possibly apple pie. Our neighborhood ALWAYS put on a spectacular fireworks show as well, so it will be festive.
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote: July 1st, 2023, 11:41 am What about those quickie Cajun spots like Rice 'N Roux? They ain't fancy but they have gumbo and boudin and other delicacies?
I've never heard of Rice 'N Roux! I'll look it up. We'll think of something.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Michele and Phil: stop talking about all that luscious Louisiana food RIGHT NOW! y' hear?

Gawd! I really miss that aspect of life in Baton Rouge! Probably the best I'll be able to do is find an envelope of Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice in the pantry.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

msfry wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 9:14 am I'm calling the Zoom meeting date for July 10th. Larry, maybe you can stop at a Mac Cafe or StarBucks for brunch, hook up to their wi-fi, and join us.

Ya'll have a safe and happy July 4th holiday. John and I plan on staying home, heating up those scrumptuous pre-seasoned Curly's baby back ribs, baked beans, cole slaw, watermelon, and possibly apple pie. Our neighborhood ALWAYS put on a spectacular fireworks show as well, so it will be festive.
Now that's a menu to make my mouth water. :D

Who knows what the travel days will be like. Our schedule for that day has us traveling from Wilcox, AZ to San Elizario, TX. We have WiFi in the rig as long as we have a strong cell signal.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17