(Complete) The Canterbury Tales and Other Poems by Geoffrey Chaucer - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

crowley wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 12:47 pm
Lynnet wrote: May 28th, 2023, 8:09 pm
crowley wrote: May 28th, 2023, 7:47 pm Hello,

I’d like to help and can do Section 26, The Monk’s Tale. Plmk if that works.

Thanks,
CR
You’ve got it!
Hi Lynnet, below is a link to the recording of Section 26. The Monk's Tale. Plmk if I need to fix anything.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/canterburytales_26_chaucer_128kb.mp3

thanks and have a great weekend,
CR
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 26 PL OK
crowley

Post by crowley »

Lynnet wrote: June 4th, 2023, 9:25 am Section 26 PL OK
Thanks so much!
amkelleymd

Post by amkelleymd »

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I am still working on the Prologue to the Wife of Bath's Tale. If I could get an extension to 6/15, that would be wonderful!

Thank you for your consideration.

Amanda
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

amkelleymd wrote: June 5th, 2023, 1:21 am Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I am still working on the Prologue to the Wife of Bath's Tale. If I could get an extension to 6/15, that would be wonderful!

Thank you for your consideration.

Amanda
No problem
emesegraham

Post by emesegraham »

I'd like to claim section 35 please!

Emese
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

emesegraham wrote: June 6th, 2023, 6:08 am I'd like to claim section 35 please!

Emese
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your catalog page.Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Section 30, Canon's Yeoman's Tale, attached, 42:40:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/canterburytales_30_chaucer_128kb.mp3

I'll admit I'm not 100 percent sure just what he's 'say'n' in all these lines (particularly some asides and commentary on the tales) but am greatly enjoying the 'music' of the words. So sign me up for section 13, The Sompnour's Tale (a sheriff of sorts?).

Thank you,
Brize
emesegraham

Post by emesegraham »

Thank you, Lynne! I've uploaded my test file, looking forward to getting feedback and getting started :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_emesegraham.mp3
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

BrizeCrize wrote: June 9th, 2023, 7:47 am Section 30, Canon's Yeoman's Tale, attached, 42:40:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/canterburytales_30_chaucer_128kb.mp3

I'll admit I'm not 100 percent sure just what he's 'say'n' in all these lines (particularly some asides and commentary on the tales) but am greatly enjoying the 'music' of the words. So sign me up for section 13, The Sompnour's Tale (a sheriff of sorts?).

Thank you,
Brize
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

emesegraham wrote: June 9th, 2023, 8:22 am Thank you, Lynne! I've uploaded my test file, looking forward to getting feedback and getting started :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_emesegraham.mp3
You shouldn't have to wait too long for a response, then jump in!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Section 30 PL OK
OOKtheLibrarian

Post by OOKtheLibrarian »

I saw a post from April claiming the Preface (Section 0), but I'm assuming that has lapsed as it's currently listed as open. Once I get the OK from my 1-minute test, might I snag that one, please and thank you?
-OOK
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

OOKtheLibrarian wrote: June 11th, 2023, 11:58 am I saw a post from April claiming the Preface (Section 0), but I'm assuming that has lapsed as it's currently listed as open. Once I get the OK from my 1-minute test, might I snag that one, please and thank you?
The Magic Window has up to date information. I will sign you up. Please be sure to read the first post and ask if you have questions.

Please note, it is usual to say “preface to…” rather than “section 0 of…”, although either is acceptable.
OOKtheLibrarian

Post by OOKtheLibrarian »

Noted, and uploaded. It's a short section, and my first for the site, so please don't be afraid to tell me if I did something wrong and ask for a redo.
-OOK