[SOLO] Christian Astrology by William Lilly - pc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Ready for spot PL: Section 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_010_lilly_128kb.mp3

length 31:02

pick ups fixed:

Sect 10

A couple of PL notes for section 10:

at 4:25 text is "so underneath those characters", I think I hear understand.

15:30, text is "as neer the Cusp as I can", I can't hear the second "as" very clearly
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

To the DPL: Rapunzelina

Is there any way that I could make the text easier to DPL? I have no troubles finding the section to read because as a reader I leave the text open in okular for next time. But as a DPL it might be harder to find the section to DPL without scrolling through the book? I have tried to list the page numbers and pdf numbers in the MW for each section.

As I said at the start this is a difficult book to DPL. You can take your time; this is so massive that some delay does not matter. I vowed to myself that I would not take the DPL for granted! :) :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you for asking! A little scrolling is fine, no worries. My cookies open the book on the page I left it, so it's not too bad.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Sections 8 and 10 are PL OK!

In section 11 I've noted a couple of optional edits, or feel free to mark the section PL OK
at 8:23 you skipped saying "hourly motion"
at 9:36 it should be "30 thirds"
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: June 14th, 2023, 7:03 am Sections 8 and 10 are PL OK!

In section 11 I've noted a couple of optional edits, or feel free to mark the section PL OK
at 8:23 you skipped saying "hourly motion"
at 9:36 it should be "30 thirds"
Section 11 I have done the optional edits. I don't think that it's needed to check so I have marked it PL OK.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I have been doing a few short sections in collabs and some PLing. Changing my computer as well.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I have set up my new computer. I have to set up Reaper and I can get back into this.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 12 ready for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_012_lilly_128kb.mp3
length 7:24

New computer. New set up. Collabs done so more time for this. :lol:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL OK! Everything sounds nice and clear!
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: August 11th, 2023, 4:45 pm PL OK! Everything sounds nice and clear!
:thumbs:
I enjoyed this section. Many of the astrological terms were known to me which shows how Lilly is still influential. His use of Vedic astrology terms [Dragon's Head and Dragon's tail] is also intriguing.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 13 ready for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_013_lilly_128kb.mp3
length: 22 mins 33 secs.

Notes: at about 8 mins I say co significator instead of consignificator. [it’s fine; they mean exactly the same. ]
at about 9:10 moueable = mutable. This is an instance in which you are going to trust the number of astrology books that I have read since 1980 something to know this.

I proof listened myself so should be good.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I haven't checked the text yet, but moueable reminds me of the old texts were v and u are interchangeable. Could this word be "moveable" in this text?
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 2:47 am I haven't checked the text yet, but moueable reminds me of the old texts were v and u are interchangeable. Could this word be "moveable" in this text?
In astrology there are 3 classes of signs: mutable, cardinal and fixed. In the context of this whole paragraph Gemini and the third house are both being focused on and they both centre around mutable signs. I know it's weird! Moveable is indeed what 99% of people would say and it looks like the intelligent choice. But it should instead be said as mutable! I have looked over that whole section again and I am sure of it. Thank you for the suggestion though: appreciate the input.

It's worth bearing in mind that as the first proper book of astrology in English, and with William Lilly translating from Latin sources, there will be some very strange words in this book that are counter intuitive!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Alright! Chapter 7 is PL OK!