COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 019 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Inkell wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 3:28 pm
Thebrynth wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 3:03 pm I just posted the role of Shanta for "The Judgment of Indra."
4:30
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thejudgmentofindra_shanta_dhangopalmukerji.mp3
I wasn't sure if you wanted us to voice the "Om Shanti Om" at the end, so I did it. It's the last thing recorded on my part.
Let me know if I need to fix anything. Thanks!
Thanks a lot! We have a great DPL (alanmapstone) who should review it in the near future and let you know if you need to make any changes, I actually did want the "Om Shanti Om" chant voiced so I'm glad you recorded it, when it's doubt it's usually better to record so good catch :thumbs:
PL notes for Shanta:
at 2.42 there is a minor misread, the text is He loves each living creature and the reader says He loves every living creature. It is your choice if you want this corrected. Otherwise the text is correct.

The recording has a great deal of background noise which will need to be cleaned off before editing. Whether you do this yourself or ask the reader to do it is again your decision.

Note: having received such a compliment on my DPL work I thought I ought to do this quickly to maintain my reputation :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

alanmapstone wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 8:06 pm
Inkell wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 3:28 pm
Thebrynth wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 3:03 pm I just posted the role of Shanta for "The Judgment of Indra."
4:30
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thejudgmentofindra_shanta_dhangopalmukerji.mp3
I wasn't sure if you wanted us to voice the "Om Shanti Om" at the end, so I did it. It's the last thing recorded on my part.
Let me know if I need to fix anything. Thanks!
Thanks a lot! We have a great DPL (alanmapstone) who should review it in the near future and let you know if you need to make any changes, I actually did want the "Om Shanti Om" chant voiced so I'm glad you recorded it, when it's doubt it's usually better to record so good catch :thumbs:
PL notes for Shanta:
at 2.42 there is a minor misread, the text is He loves each living creature and the reader says He loves every living creature. It is your choice if you want this corrected. Otherwise the text is correct.

The recording has a great deal of background noise which will need to be cleaned off before editing. Whether you do this yourself or ask the reader to do it is again your decision.

Note: having received such a compliment on my DPL work I thought I ought to do this quickly to maintain my reputation :lol:
Haha flattery will get you everywhere I suppose :lol: Thanks, Alan!

For brynth, I would definitely like that line corrected please but the noise cleaning is optional, you can do it yourself if you'd like (it might be good practice or to learn how if you haven't done it before, I noise clean all my submissions to be on the safe side) or you leave it and I can fix it myself in edit, it's not a problem
Last edited by Inkell on June 4th, 2023, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

norahnelson wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 7:00 pm Ok! :thumbs:

Here is the stage directions:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/athanksgivingdream_stagedirections_preston.mp3 (2:08)

Thank you so much!
Thank you. It is up to you if you are going to find someone else to PL this (since you can not PL your own work) before you edit it with other files, or wait until it get PL'd once combined. I prefer to have everything PL'd before I edit, but in a one act play it isn't as important.

Thanks, Todd
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

ToddHW wrote: June 4th, 2023, 3:48 am
norahnelson wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 7:00 pm Ok! :thumbs:

Here is the stage directions:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/athanksgivingdream_stagedirections_preston.mp3 (2:08)

Thank you so much!
Thank you. It is up to you if you are going to find someone else to PL this (since you can not PL your own work) before you edit it with other files, or wait until it get PL'd once combined. I prefer to have everything PL'd before I edit, but in a one act play it isn't as important.

Thanks, Todd
Ok, I think I'll just wait. I was wanting to PL this book, so I'll wait instead of asking someone else to listen to it.
Unless you think someone would be fine listening to just one thing.

Norah
oogiesragdoll

Post by oogiesragdoll »

Hello, here is Mrs. Skillet for An Eligible Situation

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/aneligiblesituation_skillet_archerbrough.mp3

Duration: 2:27

I believe I named my file right but let me know if there is a correction!
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Todd, could you please PL the narrator for The Free Selector?

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by alanmapstone »

Algy Pug wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:59 pm Todd, could you please PL the narrator for The Free Selector?
I will PL it if that would help :?
Alan
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

alanmapstone wrote: June 5th, 2023, 8:20 pm
Algy Pug wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:59 pm Todd, could you please PL the narrator for The Free Selector?
I will PL it if that would help :?
Thank you.

Be my guest.

Regards
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by alanmapstone »

PL notes for Narrator

at 2.13 missing line Dulcie appears in the distance
at 2.59 missing word close in their heads come close together

otherwise OK!
Alan
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you all. MW updated.

Todd
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Narrator for the Free Selector: file corrected and reuploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/freeselector__narrator_rolfboldrewood_128kb.mp3
11:01

Thanks for the PL, Alan.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Algy Pug wrote: June 6th, 2023, 3:54 pm Narrator for the Free Selector: file corrected and reuploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/freeselector__narrator_rolfboldrewood_128kb.mp3
11:01
Narrator is now PL OK! :thumbs:
Alan
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

I had two queries. The first is about deadlines, are PL corrections supposed to be done by the initial deadline for the claim or do you get kind of an automatic mini extension (especially if the person only put in their submission close to the deadline)?

The second is about the cast list, BCs of one act plays are supposed to provide that, right? And how exactly is that done? Because they always seem like they have a bunch of weird text, I've never really understood them