Complete [Memoir] Our Southern Highlanders by Horace Kephart-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Meredith,
You can put the duration in the Notes section. You only need the page number in there, not the whole link to Gutenberg. So you can take those out and just have the page number and the durations in the Notes section.
The duration in the Meta isn't visible in the MW. There are a lot of moving parts, but it will be old hat before you know it. You are doing a great job!
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
MeredithWomacCook

Post by MeredithWomacCook »

Fantastic. I think I've got it now. Thanks a million!
Meredith Womac Cook
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Chapter 1 is great, whoopee, Meredith! PL Okay - :clap: - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
MeredithWomacCook

Chapter 2 ready for PL! (26:09)

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/oursouthernhighlanders_02_kephart_128kb.mp3

One thing I'm a little unsure about is whether I am supposed to read the captions under the photographs included in the Gutenberg text I'm reading from. So far I've been ignoring them... any input would be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Meredith
Meredith Womac Cook
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Meredith,
Your instinct is right. You shouldn't read the captions.
Have a good night!
-Amy :thumbs:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

MeredithWomacCook wrote: July 22nd, 2023, 2:33 pm Chapter 2 ready for PL! (26:09)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/oursouthernhighlanders_02_kephart_128kb.mp3
One thing I'm a little unsure about is whether I am supposed to read the captions under the photographs included in the Gutenberg text I'm reading from. So far I've been ignoring them... any input would be appreciated. :)
Thanks!
Meredith
Great reading PL Okay - :thumbs: :thumbs: - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

alg1001 wrote: July 22nd, 2023, 4:14 pm
Some personal issues have arisen that will make me unable to PL for the next month. I'll be back in late September. If you need to have someone else PL in my absence, or even remove my DPL status, I'll understand.
Betsy in Santa Fe
MeredithWomacCook

BetsyWalker wrote: August 13th, 2023, 7:21 am
Some personal issues have arisen that will make me unable to PL for the next month. I'll be back in late September. If you need to have someone else PL in my absence, or even remove my DPL status, I'll understand.
Hi Betsy, thanks for letting us know. Totally fine with me to keep you as PL and just keep our expectations super flexible, if that's okay with Amy. Obviously I haven't been able to stay timely on my own reading goals anyway, so if it's okay I'd like to adjust our overall expectations. So sorry I've been so slow to upload.

Amy: do I need to do any sort of formal updating of my projected date for finishing the book? At the rate I'm going, it'll be some time next year.😓
Meredith Womac Cook
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Meredith,
This is fine. I am glad you let me know. We can put it in the status "On Hold". Real life takes precedence.
Just let me know when you will start working on it again, and I'll move it back to active.
After you acknowledge this, I'll update it and move it to the other spot for projects that are on hold.
-Amy
MeredithWomacCook

Amy,

Just to be clear, I would like to keep actively working on this project -- I am just much, MUCH slower at finishing each chapter than I thought I would be. So if it's okay, I would just like to change the final "deadline" expectation. (When I filled out the info upon launching this project, I believe I input September 2023 as my end goal! It felt generous at the time but seems laughable now... a more accurate finish date might be September 2024.😶)

Meredith
Meredith Womac Cook
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Meredith,
Oh! I misunderstood. I can update the target finish date.
Have good night!
Amy
MeredithWomacCook

I'm so glad, Amy! Thanks so much. I hope it's no biggie (in the librivox world) that my estimate was so off.

Meredith
Meredith Womac Cook
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Meredith,
It really isn't. Technically, you don't have to enter one.
Everything is fluid here. Real life dictates.
Have a nice day!
-Amy
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Just to let y'all know that I'm back and ready to go whenever you are! - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

MeredithWomacCook wrote: August 13th, 2023, 7:49 pm I'm so glad, Amy! Thanks so much. I hope it's no biggie (in the librivox world) that my estimate was so off.
Meredith
Hi Meredith - how are things going? - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe