Hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
weiz

Post by weiz »

I am a software developer residing in China. My native language is Chinese, while English is my second language. Around a decade ago, I came across LibriVox audio contents, and I utilized it to enhance my English skills by listening to short stories. I am truly grateful to LibriVox for this valuable resource. Over time, I have pondered how I could contribute to enabling more individuals to benefit from this extensive audio collection.

Recently, I created a simple web service https://librivox.nunu.info/ with the aim of increasing accessibility to LibriVox's audio resources. I am hopeful that it will be of assistance to a wider audience. I am curious to know if my website can be of any help in this regard.

Please take a moment to explore the website, and I would greatly appreciate any feedback you can provide. Your input is valuable to me, and I welcome any suggestions or comments you may have. Thank you in advance for taking the time to try it out and share your thoughts.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Anything that promotes Librivox content for free always welcome.

As feedback:
I don't like creating accounts so I haven't tried this service. Maybe you could make it so that it doesn't require an account? Otherwise it just looks like an email-harvesting scheme.
Also, it is misleading to say "without downloading mp3 files" because in order to listen, your system does download the files. There should be a more accurate way of saying this, like "listening directly on your browser".
weiz

Post by weiz »

Thanks Rapunzelina for the feedbacks. And more feedbacks are welcome.
1. will find a way to make it work without providing the email address in next release
2. "without downloading mp3 files" changed.
weiz

Post by weiz »

https://librivox.nunu.info/ has been updated. Now you can login without providing email address. More feedbacks are welcome. :D