[COMPLETE][SOLO]The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
valroth

Post by valroth »

Hi Wayne,

Yay… so glad I’m not putting you to sleep! If you are enjoying it, I’m delighted. I really am having a blast!

Section 5 is corrected and ready for Spot PL.

And whoo hoo—Section 6 is all clear? I finally did it! :lol:

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

valroth wrote: May 17th, 2023, 5:43 pm Hi Wayne,
Yay… so glad I’m not putting you to sleep! If you are enjoying it, I’m delighted. I really am having a blast!
Section 5 is corrected and ready for Spot PL.
And whoo hoo—Section 6 is all clear? I finally did it! :lol:
Val
Seamless corrections. Chapter 5 is PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
valroth

Post by valroth »

Good morning Wayne,

Chapter 7 in the MW. (…my post-travel, post-flu, gratefully re-energized-Val attempt!) :D

Happy day to you!

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Val,

Just a note to let you know where I have been and why I am a little behind on the DPLing on your project, but last Monday morning(5/22), I was rushed to the Emergency Room and spent the next nine days in the hospital. I got home last night and am now ready to resume my labors here at LV.

As a result of the 7 rib fractures I had on 4/11, I had a Hemothorax, or blood in the chest cavity. They took out a little over 4 litres of blood and stuff. It was quite an experience. I could hardly breathe on Monday when I went in, but am much better now. Not right, but better.

I hope you enjoyed your trip, and will get your current one done tonight. :D

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

valroth wrote: May 24th, 2023, 7:27 am Good morning Wayne,
Chapter 7 in the MW. (…my post-travel, post-flu, gratefully re-energized-Val attempt!) :D
Happy day to you!
Val
Val,

Another reading. I did find one possible little oopsie:

1:30 His padded hands were so clumsy I heard paddled

Wayne
Wayne
valroth

Post by valroth »

Kalamareader wrote: May 31st, 2023, 6:05 pm
valroth wrote: May 24th, 2023, 7:27 am Good morning Wayne,
Happy day to you!
Val
Val,

Another reading. I did find one possible little oopsie:

1:30 His padded hands were so clumsy I heard paddled

Wayne
Hi Wayne! All fixed!

Nice to have you back… I thought you’d left for Oz. Hope all is well (including the patchwork in this section).

Val
valroth

Post by valroth »

Hello Wayne,

Section 8 is in the MW. No breaks for you, my friend! :D

Val
valroth

Post by valroth »

Kalamareader wrote: May 31st, 2023, 5:41 pm Hi Val,

Just a note to let you know where I have been and why I am a little behind on the DPLing on your project, but last Monday morning(5/22), I was rushed to the Emergency Room and spent the next nine days in the hospital. I got home last night and am now ready to resume my labors here at LV.

As a result of the 7 rib fractures I had on 4/11, I had a Hemothorax, or blood in the chest cavity. They took out a little over 4 litres of blood and stuff. It was quite an experience. I could hardly breathe on Monday when I went in, but am much better now. Not right, but better.

I hope you enjoyed your trip, and will get your current one done tonight. :D

Wayne
Ohhh my goodness Wayne, I’m so sorry to hear this! (I totally missed this note until now but because you’re so dedicated to us —your many LV fans— I was worried that you may not be well!) That’s a lot of blood trapped in your chest cavity, so no wonder you could barely breath.

Please rest —your health (as you know) must be prioritized. Sending you a ton of healing energy!

Val
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

valroth wrote: June 1st, 2023, 8:06 am Hi Wayne! All fixed!
Nice to have you back… I thought you’d left for Oz. Hope all is well (including the patchwork in this section).
Val
Val,

Thanks for the kind thoughts! :9:

Correction perfect as usual. Chapter 7 PLOK :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Great job again. 🦁

Section 8 is PLOK :thumbs: right out of the box! :clap: :clap:
Wayne
valroth

Post by valroth »

Oooo, hoping to stay in the mistake-free zone! :D

Chapter 9 is in the Magic Window.

Thanks Wayne… hope you’re feeling better each day!

Val
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

valroth wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 1:02 pm Oooo, hoping to stay in the mistake-free zone! :D
Val
Another one (9) PLOK :thumbs: right out of the box! :clap: :clap:

I loved your voice for the mice. You are amazing!

And thank you for the concern. Yes, each day is better and better. One of these weeks I will be back to 'normal'.

Wayne
Wayne
valroth

Post by valroth »

Kalamareader wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 8:41 pm
valroth wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 1:02 pm Oooo, hoping to stay in the mistake-free zone! :D
Val
Another one (9) PLOK :thumbs: right out of the box! :clap: :clap:

I loved your voice for the mice. You are amazing!

And thank you for the concern. Yes, each day is better and better. One of these weeks I will be back to 'normal'.

Wayne
So glad you’re on the mend, Wayne!

No sweet little mice for this chapter (delighted you liked their voices! lol), instead, we finally arrive at the Emerald City. :clap:

Chapter 10 awaits. Humbly. (low bow). :D

Val
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

valroth wrote: June 6th, 2023, 4:57 am So glad you’re on the mend, Wayne!
No sweet little mice for this chapter (delighted you liked their voices! lol), instead, we finally arrive at the Emerald City. :clap:
Chapter 10 awaits. Humbly. (low bow). :D
Val
I can do nothing in my humble capacity but award you a PLOK :thumbs: right out of the box! :clap: :clap: (again)

Great job as usual.

Wayne
Wayne
valroth

Post by valroth »

Hi Wayne,

The latest chapter is comparatively long and definitely the most challenging to date. Your “humble capacity” (more accurately your expertise and advice) would be welcomed for this instalment. I took a few chances. :D I used some delay on the voices of the “Great Oz” (voices that vary according to the changing appearance of the Wizard). I felt emboldened to try “effects” to make Oz more dramatic… buuuuut it may be too much, especially the delay/echo used on the first voice of Oz when Dorothy is received. So have a listen and let me know.

I know you’ll be honest and I am happy to change what ever needs to be changed. My ears are not what they used to be! :-)
(And the heavy smoke billowing from the wild fires in northern Ontario and Quebec may have contributed to the scary edge in my voice! :shock: Ohhh the poor trees… I think you’re more used to wild fires in the North West, we are here too but have never been affected so directly in Southern Ontario! Hoping for rain and more rain soon.

Have a great day,

Val