[COMPLETE] The Prince and the Pauper, by Mark Twain - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

deLorinel wrote: May 21st, 2023, 12:01 am I'm currently editing my file for Chapter 31, and have run into a question.

The Narrator part seems to include lines meant for the Chronicler. If you want me to include them, I will - but in that case, would you want me altering the voice?

The lines in question:

(NARRATOR:) ...
line, as it took its stately way through the packed multitudes of citizens. The chronicler says, ‘The
King, as he entered the city, was received by the people with prayers, welcomings, cries, and tender

words, and all signs which argue an earnest love of subjects toward their sovereign; and the King, by
holding up his glad
countenance to such as stood afar off, and most tender language to those that stood nigh his Grace,
showed himself no less thankful to receive the people’s goodwill than they to offer it. To all that
wished him well, he gave thanks. To such as bade
CROWD1: “God save his Grace,”
NARRATOR: he said in return,
TOM: “God save you all!”
NARRATOR: and added that he thanked them with all his heart.
NARRATOR: Wonderfully transported were the people with the loving answers and gestures of their
King.’
Sorry for the delay. I think you are correct. I missed that.

I will see if our Chronicler is still around and can add those lines in. If you've already recorded them, that's fine - It will give me a backup, and I'll edit them out when I combine the files if not needed.
Krista
GettingTooOld

Post by GettingTooOld »

Andrea42 wrote: May 19th, 2023, 2:45 pm Tom Canty's last chapter.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_tomcanty_32.mp3
Length: 4:20
Thank you for your patience.
I have greatly enjoyed being Tom and look forward to hearing the play all together.
:clap:
Hello I am not meant to be writing here as it says FULL on the topic, I hope to be forgiven in advance. I want to try my ear at PL, and wanted an easy place to start by comparing what I hear with a real PL who does the actual job properly. I listened to this section and if I were a real PL which I am not, I would have found it ok, with one word missing that does not change the meaning and I think is inconsequential. There were only two things I found.
2:46 I hear "amirror" the text is "a mirror" this is nothing at all, it's fine. I would not change this.
3:02 I hear a missing word "I cannot [..] even write" text reads "I cannot yet even write" I would not change this, but I should mention it to prove I was awake.

I shall run off now and find somewhere to hide that I won't get in trouble and check back to see what a real pl says.
(while I read the how to be a pl docs)
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

kristakz wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:08 pm I will see if our Chronicler is still around and can add those lines in. If you've already recorded them, that's fine - It will give me a backup, and I'll edit them out when I combine the files if not needed.
Do you want me to do this in Narrator voice?
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

deLorinel wrote: June 7th, 2023, 10:54 pm
kristakz wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:08 pm I will see if our Chronicler is still around and can add those lines in. If you've already recorded them, that's fine - It will give me a backup, and I'll edit them out when I combine the files if not needed.
Do you want me to do this in Narrator voice?
Sorry for the delay, yes, Narrator voice would be fine, if you haven't done it already.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Chapters 11 & 12 are edited and ready for PL.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Chapters 15 & 16 are also ready for PL
Krista
Doug42

Post by Doug42 »

Ah, here is the missing section of the 'chroniclers' monologue - Its a total of 1:14 long.
Note that I added the suffix 'a' to the chapter in the name - this should keep it from overwriting (or getting confused with) the rest of Chapter 31's readings.

The file is https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_chronicaler_31a.mp3

Happy Editing! I can't wait until its all finished!!!
*** Doug F.
*** Doug F.
"The glass isn't half full, its about to overflow - get me another glass!"
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Doug42 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 3:31 pm Ah, here is the missing section of the 'chroniclers' monologue - Its a total of 1:14 long.
Note that I added the suffix 'a' to the chapter in the name - this should keep it from overwriting (or getting confused with) the rest of Chapter 31's readings.

The file is https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_chronicaler_31a.mp3

Happy Editing! I can't wait until its all finished!!!
*** Doug F.
Wonderful! Thank you very much :)
Krista
sati

Post by sati »

kristakz wrote: June 15th, 2023, 11:20 am Chapters 11 & 12 are edited and ready for PL.
Chapters 15 & 16 are also ready for PL
Chapters 11, 12 and 15, 16 sounds perfectly fine to my ears and are PL OK!
I appreciate the thorough and precise editing you've done. Thank you!
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

For PL (with my abject apologies for the delay)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_narrator_29.mp3 - 5:23
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

Make that 3. For PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_narrator_31.mp3 - 12:29

I see you've already rounded up your origninal Chronicler, so I did not leave that part in.

I'm not sure I'm happy with some of the volume levels, but figured I'd get the PL's input before redoing the whole thing.

Also, there's one narration line not marked toward the end. I recorded this: "Then he added with sharp annoyance,"

Thanks!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

deLorinel wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 5:24 am Make that 3. For PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_narrator_31.mp3 - 12:29

I see you've already rounded up your origninal Chronicler, so I did not leave that part in.

I'm not sure I'm happy with some of the volume levels, but figured I'd get the PL's input before redoing the whole thing.

Also, there's one narration line not marked toward the end. I recorded this: "Then he added with sharp annoyance,"

Thanks!
Thanks! No worries on the volume, unless you're also unhappy with the audio ambiance or something. I can tweak the volume as necessary when I edit. And thank you (again) for picking up my missed line.
Krista