Complete [Autobiography/Psychic Investigation] Seen and Unseen, by E. Katharine Bates-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

Section 2/Chapter 2
INVESTIGATIONS IN AMERICA, 1885-1886
Time: 39:47

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/seenandunseen_02_bates_128kb.mp3
Thanks!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

LesWilLang wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 3:34 pm Section 2/Chapter 2

Thanks!
Thank you, Leslie!
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Thanks!
Very very close to perfection, Leslie! This recording just needs the "end of recording" piece. That's all! - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

BetsyWalker wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 5:21 pm
Thanks!
Very very close to perfection, Leslie! This recording just needs the "end of recording" piece. That's all! - Betsy
No problem! I misunderstood the direction on that, since there is a "continued". I'll have it for you shortly.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

LesWilLang wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 5:29 pm
Thanks!
No problem! I misunderstood the direction on that, since there is a "continued". I'll have it for you shortly.
Hi Leslie,

It really doesn't matter that the chapter continues in the next section (section 3). Every section must have an outro. It's really a LibriVox standard.

In this case, you should say only "End of section 2" since you have already recorded your name in the intro.

Also, right now there are only 4 seconds of silence at the end of your recording. Please leave about 5 seconds of silence following the outro that you will add.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Brian
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

Thanks!
Here it is:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

LesWilLang wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 5:37 pm

Here it is:
[/quote]

Hi Leslie,

The outro should not say "end of recording". It should say "end of section 2". I know you sent me a PM about it yesterday and I replied to that PM. But I think you mentioned something about not getting PM's. Here is what I replied yesterday"

Hi!

Intro should be:

"Section 2 of SEEN AND UNSEEN. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Seen and Unseen, by E. Katharine Bates. CHAPTER II - INVESTIGATIONS IN AMERICA, 1885-1886."

Outro should be:

"End of section 2." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]

You don't need to say anything special in the outro. The reader for section 3 should have used the same Section Title - CHAPTER II - INVESTIGATIONS IN AMERICA, 1885-1886" followed by the word continued - but that did not happen and the PL let it through. We won't go back and ask for the addition of the word 'continued' (from the volunteer who read section 3) at this point in time. Don't worry about it. When the audio book is cataloged the section titles will be there for all to see. No problem!

Thank you for asking!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Thanks!
I have not bothered to mark this one Ready for spot PL because in this latest upload, the outro says "end of recording". It won't pass PL that way. Please change the outro to say "End of section 2" and please leave about 5 seconds of silence after that outro. Thank you, Brian
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Hi Leslie,

If you prefer, I can fix this recording for you. The edit is pretty straight forward.

I can copy you saying "Section 2" in the intro and then paste that over you saying "recording" at the end. It may or may not sound like a seamless edit, possibly because of intonation / inflection, but it would pass PL.

Let me know if you would prefer to make the edit yourself or if you would prefer that I do it.

Thank you,
Brian
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Hi Amy,

We're pretty close to done, I suppose.

I have an edit of Leslie's most recent recording, the one that ended with an outro of: "end of recording". In the edit that I did, I copied Leslie saying "Section 2" in her intro and I pasted those two words over her saying "recording" at the end. So, it now is Leslie saying "End of section 2" for the outro. It sounds pretty good to my ear. When Leslie said "Section 2" in the intro, there was a rise in her inflection because in the intro those words were followed by "of Seen and Unseen". I did a little fade out and that made the outro's end sound a little more like a closing, but I wouldn't say "perfect". Anyway, I have not yet uploaded the edit. I wanted to wait a little while to see if Leslie would prefer to do this fix herself.

I do have a question for you ...

There is something that I did notice which is that when I did an Audacity export to mp3 after the edit I saw a number of meta data tag values in the save dialog box. My guess is that the DAW that Leslie uses does the data fill for those tags. I don't know if the presence of meta data tags presents a problem for cataloging. I did not clear them but if I do an upload of the edit I did on Leslie's recording I can clear them if you wish.

At this point in time, I'm afraid that I may have confused Leslie with the barrage of posts regarding her outro.

I'll hold off until tomorrow and if I don't see a reply from Leslie by then I will upload the edit that I did on her recording and mark the section 'Ready for spot PL'. Have a good night.

Best wishes,
Brian
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

BrianFullen wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 6:06 pm Hi Leslie,

If you prefer, I can fix this recording for you. The edit is pretty straight forward.

I can copy you saying "Section 2" in the intro and then paste that over you saying "recording" at the end. It may or may not sound like a seamless edit, possibly because of intonation / inflection, but it would pass PL.

Let me know if you would prefer to make the edit yourself or if you would prefer that I do it.

Thank you,
Brian
I've got it, no problem. I am not firing on all four cylinders today, and completely missed the exact direction you gave when I read that. UGH! I will have it for you very shortly! So sorry!
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

LesWilLang wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:13 pm

Thank you,
Brian
I've got it, no problem. I am not firing on all four cylinders today, and completely missed the exact direction you gave when I read that. UGH! I will have it for you very shortly! So sorry!
Thank you for your infinite patience. 8-)
Here it is!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

LesWilLang wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:35 pm
LesWilLang wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:13 pm

Thank you,
Brian
Thank you for your infinite patience. 8-)
Here it is!
Gee willikers. You sound, great, Leslie. Seriously, thank you for you patience with me. I am naturally excitable and even more so as a project nears completion. I'll mark it Ready for spot PL and we'll see what Betsy has to say.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

:lol: Talk about excitable. It's already been marked PLOK. Wonder how that happened?
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Hi Amy,

And, magically :?: , we are ready for cataloging. No idea how that happened, exactly, but I'll take it.

Cheers, Brian :lol: