GROUP: The Lady's Museum Vol. 2 by Charlotte Lennox - lt

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
karenzaes

Post by karenzaes »

The Lady's Museum Volume 2, by Charlotte Lennox (1730 - 1804)
Published in 11 issues between 1760 and 1761 and believed largely to be written and edited by Charlotte Lennox (it was marketed as “by the Author of The Female Quixote“), the Lady’s Museum educated and informed its readership through a variety of media including science, satire, letters to and from the editor, poetry, translation, history, philosophy, geography, travel writing, educational treatises, and the first serialized novel, _The History of Harriot and Sophia_, which Lennox would later publish as the novel _Sophia_. (Summary by Kelly Plante)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://ladysmuseum.com/tag/vol-2/

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Lennox (Charlotte Lennox)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady's_Museum
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 52
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1761
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Karenzaes
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: www.ladysmuseum.com
[/list]
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Literary Collections/Essays; *Non-fiction/Animals; *Non-fiction/War & Military; *Non-fiction/Art, Design & Architecture; *Non-fiction/Travel & Geography; *Non-fiction/Social Science (Culture & Anthropology); *Non-fiction/Science/Earth Sciences; *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography/Memoirs; *Non-fiction/History/Early Modern; *Non-fiction/Education; *Non-fiction/Literary Collections/Short non-fiction; *Non-fiction/Literary Collections/Letters; Literary Fiction; Travel Fiction; Poetry; Satire

Keywords that describe the book: philosophy, education, feminism, women writers, travel writing, literary journalism, charlotte lennox, early novel, science writing, early magazine

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Lady's Museum Volume 2. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Lady's Museum Volume 2, by Charlotte Lennox. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Lady's Museum Volume 2, by Charlotte Lennox."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: ladysmuseumvolume2_##_lennox_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. ladysmuseumvolume2_01_lennox_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: lynnet

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Ready to go
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I would like to DPL please.
Christine
karenzaes

Post by karenzaes »

Lynnet wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 12:16 pmReady to go
Hi Lynnet,

I'm trying to login to BC Admin and it says I do not have permission to do so. I am using the one I just created, not my old on. Could you please help?

Thank you so much,
Karenza
karenzaes

Post by karenzaes »

brownrottger wrote: June 4th, 2023, 1:37 am I would like to DPL please.
Christine
That's great, thank you Christine!

Karenza
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

karenzaes wrote: June 4th, 2023, 11:28 am
Hi Lynnet,

I'm trying to login to BC Admin and it says I do not have permission to do so. I am using the one I just created, not my old on. Could you please help?

Thank you so much,
Karenza
Kelly is the BC on this as she set it up.

Edit: I have added you to the list of BCs and made you co-BC on this project.
Instructions to follow.

I have made Christine DPL.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Accessing the System – First Time Login
1. Use this Link to go the main login screen: http://librivox.org/workflow
2. Click on Login (for BCs & MCs)
3. Enter your forum username.
4. Click “Forgot Password”
5. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link and enter a password and submit the form. (Note this should be more secure than your 'regular' password)
6. Go back to the main login screen and use the new password you entered above to log in to the system.
7. When you log in from the main screen above, you will be taken to the LibriVox Management Dashboard default screen where you should see a list of your active projects along with options for dropdown menus, searching and editing your profile.
For more explicit step by step directions with screen shots, please see Accessing the System - First Time Login
NOTE: BCs should use their personal workflow login to upload files. If you recently logged in with the general login to upload files to a project and the system still had you logged in, you may see this:
You don't have permissions for this area.
Return to Librivox Management Tool Homepage
Logout
To remedy this, click Logout and then login with your BC login and password.

Please note, this doesn't always work the first time.

If you are still having trouble after 3 or 4 attempts, PM knotyouraveragejo

The MW is probably straightforward...
You should enter the chapter titles in the title column. Just hit enter when you’re done.

The notes column is where you put the time for each file. In this column, you have to 'save'. As this is a group project, you should also put the word count for each chapter here… it gives potential readers some idea of the length of recording.

To enter readers, click on the “add reader” button, then select the reader’s forum name from the drop down menu. Start typing the name to narrow it down until you see the reader’s name. You have to actually click on the name in the drop-down. Then enter the section number and hit “add”. If someone claims multiple sections, you can enter it as 01, 02, 03 or 01-03. It is good practice to either mark the date of the claim, or when the claim expires (the default is 2 months from the date of claim, so you have to monitor this)

When someone submits a file, copy the URL into the Listen URL column.
The status column is a drop-down menu. Remember to change the status whenever you enter a file. That triggers a message to Your DPL.

Any questions, please ask.
karenzaes

Post by karenzaes »

Lynnet wrote: June 4th, 2023, 6:31 pm
Hi Lynnet,

Thank you so much,
Karenza

Instructions to follow.

Thank you Lynnet, sorry for the confusion. Kelly and I are co-editors of Lady's Museum Project and I'm acting as BC Admin for volume two.

Regards,
Karenza
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

What do you mean by co-editors? If you are editing the text, we can’t use it due to PD issues. The only files you should edit are your own recordings :hmm:
kellyjplante

Post by kellyjplante »

Lynnet wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:32 am What do you mean by co-editors? If you are editing the text, we can’t use it due to PD issues. The only files you should edit are your own recordings :hmm:
Lynnet, we are co-editors on a separate project unrelated to LibriVox to make the Lady's Museum as a periodical more accessible to a general audience. LibriVox is part of how we are doing that. I will only be assisting Karenza in the background as she takes on the BC role for this volume 2 LV project due to my experience as BC with volume 1 and we are friends and colleagues.
Kelly

As I do not set out with great promises to the public of the wit, humour, and morality, ... I expect no reproaches to fall on me, if I should happen to fail in any, or all of these articles. - Charlotte Lennox
kellyjplante

Post by kellyjplante »

Lynnet wrote: June 5th, 2023, 6:32 am What do you mean by co-editors? If you are editing the text, we can’t use it due to PD issues. The only files you should edit are your own recordings :hmm:
Also we are not editing or changing the text itself in any way. We are keeping it as is.
Kelly

As I do not set out with great promises to the public of the wit, humour, and morality, ... I expect no reproaches to fall on me, if I should happen to fail in any, or all of these articles. - Charlotte Lennox
kellyjplante

Post by kellyjplante »

Lynnet wrote: June 4th, 2023, 6:31 pm
Hi Lynnet,

Thank you so much,
Karenza

Instructions to follow.

I submitted the form to generate the code just to help Karenza out as her browser was not allowing it to happen; however, she submitted it in the forum because shw will be coordinating this book effort / serving as BC.
Kelly

baileymeyerhoff

Post by baileymeyerhoff »

Hi! Can I claim sections 4, 13, 19, and 31?
karenzaes

Post by karenzaes »

Sounds good! I will put you down for those sections 8-)
EdensRogue

Post by EdensRogue »

would I be able to do sections 1, 2, and 3?