the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
HenriettaStrauss

Post by HenriettaStrauss »

Is Eliner, the Citizen's Daughter available?
Thanks,
Henrietta
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
[Open] Mazli by Johanna Spryi. 9 roles open!
"To read or not to read, that is the question..."
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, she is yours. However, the system is not letting me add you as a new reader yet (no idea why) so you won't see your claim in the MW yet.

Welcome to Librivox. Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

Thank you for submitting the One Minute Test per instructions in your welcome email; Perfect and you are ready to go.

The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. (Lottsa examples throughout this project.) These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I also have a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which - using the words in the MW - should be something like: "Eliner, the Citizen's Daughter, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be - does not have to be the same as your forum name). This credit is used to generate a cast list.

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 2-3 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
HenriettaStrauss

Post by HenriettaStrauss »

ToddHW wrote: May 31st, 2023, 5:23 am Yes, she is yours. However, the system is not letting me add you as a new reader yet (no idea why) so you won't see your claim in the MW yet.

Welcome to Librivox. Hope someone has given you the habit-forming addiction warning....

Thank you for submitting the One Minute Test per instructions in your welcome email; Perfect and you are ready to go.

The first posting in this (and every) project has the instructions on file names and uploading files and posting the uploader link in the forum to have the file Proof-Listened. (Lottsa examples throughout this project.) These instructions are pretty standard throughout Librivox. I also have a short summary for the important special rules in drama, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which - using the words in the MW - should be something like: "Eliner, the Citizen's Daughter, read by XXXX" (whatever you want your reader name to be - does not have to be the same as your forum name). This credit is used to generate a cast list.

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 2-3 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his (my) master file and it's helpful if he (me) has enough space to fiddle with

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And post any questions here.

Thanks, Todd
OK! This is very helpful. Thank you!
Henrietta
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
[Open] Mazli by Johanna Spryi. 9 roles open!
"To read or not to read, that is the question..."
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I can't put you in the database as a reader becuz you have the same email as another reader. I'm trying to find out how you change email in our system....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: May 25th, 2023, 8:39 pmReplacement files for Acts 1 & 5 uploaded.
:thumbs: thank you, and now all PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent Alan, now Zweno was extremely enraged in these two acts. :shock: I think I rarely heard you rant and stamp around so much. Well done. Both PL ok.

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

awww Valingford is such an upright gentleman. I was rooting for him at the end. Excellently acted out, thank you so much. I hope to hear more from you in other plays :)

Acts 2, 4 and 5 are straight PL ok. :thumbs:

A few edits for Acts 1 and 3 however:

Act 1:

> at about 0:05: (p. 287 & 290) please add two missed speeches:

- "We go and wish thee private conference public affects in this accustomed peace."

- "Go, William Conqueror, and seek thy love. Seek thou a minion in a foreign land, whilst I draw back and court my love at home. The miller's daughter of faire Manchester hath bound my feet to this delightsome soil, and from her eyes do dart such golden beams that hold my heart in her subjection."

Act 3:

> at 1:13: (p. 298) missed line: "That feigning so she might be rid of me."

> at 2:01: (p. 298) "it is cunningly contrived of all sides" - you say "conjectured"

> at about 2:07: (p. 299) missed speech: "Go my lorde, I'll follow you. Well, now Mountney is gone, I'll stay behind to sollicit my love; for I imagine that I shall find this but a feigned invention, thereby to have us leave off our suits."

thanks

Sonia
ehsanesque

Post by ehsanesque »

Kitty wrote: June 1st, 2023, 12:36 pm
awww Valingford is such an upright gentleman. I was rooting for him at the end. Excellently acted out, thank you so much. I hope to hear more from you in other plays :)

Acts 2, 4 and 5 are straight PL ok. :thumbs:

A few edits for Acts 1 and 3 however:

Act 1:

> at about 0:05: (p. 287 & 290) please add two missed speeches:

- "We go and wish thee private conference public affects in this accustomed peace."

- "Go, William Conqueror, and seek thy love. Seek thou a minion in a foreign land, whilst I draw back and court my love at home. The miller's daughter of faire Manchester hath bound my feet to this delightsome soil, and from her eyes do dart such golden beams that hold my heart in her subjection."

Act 3:

> at 1:13: (p. 298) missed line: "That feigning so she might be rid of me."

> at 2:01: (p. 298) "it is cunningly contrived of all sides" - you say "conjectured"

> at about 2:07: (p. 299) missed speech: "Go my lorde, I'll follow you. Well, now Mountney is gone, I'll stay behind to sollicit my love; for I imagine that I shall find this but a feigned invention, thereby to have us leave off our suits."

thanks

Sonia
Thank you Sonia. You are a great inspiration for me you know. I have listened you reading many times before I joined as a reader. Also I was amazed at your mastery of English French German and Russian I don't know how many you know haha. Amazing. I am learning French and hope to read French books soon.

I sensed I might have skipped some speeches because I had to find them without reading the play since I am already busy with my exam. But now my final hit the door. I will take about 20 days to get the later files resubmitted. Xx
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ehsanesque wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 7:12 pmYou are a great inspiration for me you know. I have listened you reading many times before I joined as a reader.
oh ! well thank you for this nice comment. Being an inspiration to somebody to join is indeed heart-warming. :9:
I am already busy with my exam. But now my final hit the door.
I hope all went well and you'll pass with good results :thumbs:

Sonia