[SCIENCE FICTION] Lords of the Stratosphere - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Xtofer42

Post by Xtofer42 »

brownrottger wrote: May 19th, 2023, 6:18 am
There is something wrong with file of Section 6. Please fix and reupload. Meanwhile, I will PL Section 7.
Thanks!
Christine
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lordsofthestratosphere_06_burks_128kb.mp3
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 6:
Please lower the dB by 3 to meet the Librivox requirement of 86-92 range
0:14 remove "read by Chris Buchanan" as this was stated in the end of the recording.
Section 7:
Please lower the dB by 2.
0:14 remove "read by Chris Buchanan" as this was stated in the end of the recording.
Xtofer42

Post by Xtofer42 »

Do I just make the corrections and re upload it?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Excellent! Sections 6 and 7 are now PL ok.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Phil, The last two sections, which I recorded, are now in the MW for your PL. Let me know if you're too busy.
Thanks,
Christine
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Chapters 4 and 5 are PL OK ! :clap:
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

OK, we are moving to validation! Christine, are you satisfied with the summary? If so I will move it to our project screen as the final text.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

philchenevert wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:41 pm OK, we are moving to validation! Christine, are you satisfied with the summary? If so I will move it to our project screen as the final text.
Yes the summary is fine. Thanks! And thanks to all the great readers who contributed!
Christine
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Xtofer42

Post by Xtofer42 »

I was listening to section 6 and I noticed a part at 7:43 where I say "Jeter dialogue" that I should have edited out. Is it possible for me to chop that and reload it or is that just in there for good?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Xtofer42 wrote: June 16th, 2023, 11:24 pm I was listening to section 6 and I noticed a part at 7:43 where I say "Jeter dialogue" that I should have edited out. Is it possible for me to chop that and reload it or is that just in there for good?
It is possible but not easy. I recommend that we leave it as is, the listeners won't be bothered a bit. Just take this as a nudge to edit better in the future. I have a number of recordings with repeats and stuff out there and no one has ever complained. :D
Xtofer42

Post by Xtofer42 »

philchenevert wrote: June 17th, 2023, 9:16 am
Xtofer42 wrote: June 16th, 2023, 11:24 pm I was listening to section 6 and I noticed a part at 7:43 where I say "Jeter dialogue" that I should have edited out. Is it possible for me to chop that and reload it or is that just in there for good?
It is possible but not easy. I recommend that we leave it as is, the listeners won't be bothered a bit. Just take this as a nudge to edit better in the future. I have a number of recordings with repeats and stuff out there and no one has ever complained. :D
Cool. Sorry about that. That was actually my first submission ever so I guess I can claim learning curve.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Xtofer42 wrote: June 18th, 2023, 11:03 pm
philchenevert wrote: June 17th, 2023, 9:16 am
Cool. Sorry about that. That was actually my first submission ever so I guess I can claim learning curve.
Sorry I didn't catch it either!