'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Fortunecookie (Leanne Fortune) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wish to express my gratitude to Leanne Fortune for her excellent reading of Villette. Lucy Snow's cool, objective observations of human nature, her self-contained approach to life, are admirably conveyed by Leanne's light, well modulated voice, and she copes extremely well with the elaborate style Lucy employs even in moments of extreme tension. Villette is a fierce novel of struggle, but, strangely enough, I had not appreciated how very hard it is until I heard it read so smoothly and elegantly. Thank you, Leanne.

All of Leanne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Treasure Island Version 4.

I just now finished Treasure Island, and I don’t know when I’ve enjoyed a book that much. Mark F. Smith did an amazing job of reading it. Thanks very kindly!

Ted

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the Little Women group projects from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi LibriVox!

I would like to thank all the readers of Little Women. I had to read it for a school project but I was having a hard time reading it and I couldn't find a free audiobook.
Thank you for all your expression and dedication to this 541 page book.

-Moriah
7th Grade Student

Little Women
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Gosh, Ann, I'm gobsmacked! Thank you so much for this. Are you able to please thank that listener for me, or where do I find that comment?

I must say Villette was a mammoth undertaking, and it was only my second work. If I had known just how difficult, perhaps I would never have tackled it, but so glad I did.

Blessings
Leanne
"We lose ourselves in books. We find ourselves there too". Anon

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMOxH0ij6Iwwl3uHE9VucRw/featured
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Fortunecookie wrote: May 31st, 2023, 8:24 am Gosh, Ann, I'm gobsmacked! Thank you so much for this. Are you able to please thank that listener for me, or where do I find that comment?

I must say Villette was a mammoth undertaking, and it was only my second work. If I had known just how difficult, perhaps I would never have tackled it, but so glad I did.

Blessings
Leanne
I am able to pass a message on to the listener. These thank you notes come from an email account that only admins have access to. Is this your message?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Fortunecookie

Post by Fortunecookie »

Hi Ann,

Yes, please post the following reply to the listener on my behalf:

"Dear Listener,

Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding the reading of Villette. I'm humbled and grateful for your being so appreciative. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to thoughtfully provide encouragement - your comments are really appreciated and have inspired me to continue with audiobook narrating. Villette was a challenging work and at times I really doubted myself. As you aptly said, it is indeed a fierce novel of struggle.

Thank you again,

Kind regards
Leanne
"We lose ourselves in books. We find ourselves there too". Anon

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMOxH0ij6Iwwl3uHE9VucRw/featured
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Fortunecookie wrote: June 1st, 2023, 3:20 am Hi Ann,

Yes, please post the following reply to the listener on my behalf:

"Dear Listener,

Thank you so much for your very kind words regarding the reading of Villette. I'm humbled and grateful for your being so appreciative. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to thoughtfully provide encouragement - your comments are really appreciated and have inspired me to continue with audiobook narrating. Villette was a challenging work and at times I really doubted myself. As you aptly said, it is indeed a fierce novel of struggle.

Thank you again,

Kind regards
Leanne
Done! Thanks Leanne!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for SteveGough (Steve Gough) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I was excited to see that Magic Mountain had been recorded, but oh dear, I was not prepared for Steve Gough’s reading. His accent! His delivery! The quality of the recording! I could listen to him read me the telephone book. Thank you Steve so much for your fantastic contribution.

Margie

All of Steve's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi

I just wanted to send best regards and thank you to Roger Melin, the reader of Memory: How to Develop, Train and Use It, by William Walker Atkinson.
I enjoyed listening, it was very clearly read and very agreeable to listen to, even for a non-native listener.
Thank you and best wishes from Belgium!

Yasmine

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Mark Nelson in the USA via - thankyou@librivox.org

Hello and 'What Ho' to all of you and in paritic. that spendid fellow Mark!

Hi, can't maintain the Wodehousian repartie throughout, but suffice to say I'm a great Jeeves and Wooster fan, and feel you do a jolly good show at rendering the Wodehouse genius!

I'm in Brittany France, but brought up in London (with anglo/breton/irish roots..)
SO, can have a problem with americans 'doing' british accents... and prononciation.
Your readings however are 'just spiffing' with hardly ever the slightest non 'blighty' pronunciation... BRAVO.
I've just downloaded some other stuff, so looking forward to listening to it all.
Hubby and I, plus Mister Weezly the dog are off boating shortly so audiobooks work better than trying to read, in a small and swaying vessel! (If you get the picture?)
I also use them when working in the studio (artist) as one can do 2 things at once.

You no doubt like reading, it's not yet in the public domain for libravox but have you read Laurence Durrel's the Corfu Trilogy... which I also found full of observational humour!

Enough babble from me!
Merci Beaucoup therefore yet again.
Keeep up the good work

Nicole

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just wanted to express my gratitude to John Greenman for his terrific reading of The Prince and the Pauper. I was mightily entertained for both rounds of a lengthy, otherwise dreary car trip. I can’t imagine anyone more skillfully rendering all the characters. Well done!

Thanks,

Ashley

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TheVagabond (Tom Denholm) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Denholm,
I’ve just finished listening to your recording of Adam Bede. It was wonderful: your voice, your intonation, your intimation of characters and dialects was a pleasure to listen to. I just wanted to really thank you for making this terrific novel available as an audiobook. I love George Eliot and this was a marvellous experience of listening to her through a living voice, as opposed to reading, which is my normal avenue ….
Thanks again,
Peter
Sydney, Australia.

All of Tom's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you David. I have just finished the Subject material read by you. It was perfect, there is no other word for it.

Your Characterisation, Diction and Elocution brought these stories to life for me.

I see you have also read The Count of Montecristo so that is the next listen for me.

How about tackling the Charles Dickens canon?

The current versions available are paced to fast and far to Americanised for me though I admit that the readers involved are excellent in the right genre.

Sorry, I had to ask. I do realise the effort that must be involved in reading and animating novels of the type you have already done, just want more.

Again;

Thank You!

Don

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for hhafen (Hans Hafen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Sehr geehrter Herr Hafen

Nachdem ich vor einem Jahr die schwarze Spinne und jetzt den Bauernspiegel von Ihnen gelesen genoss, drängt es mich, Ihnen herzlich für Ihre Vorlese-Tätigkeit zu danken: Ihr Art zu lesen und Ihre Einfühlsamkeit passen ausserordentlich zu Gotthelf! Bald werde ich mir auch die Ueli-Geschichten anhören!

Freundliche Grüsse

Paul

All of Hans' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Pleonic (J A Carter) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Mr Carter,

Was listening to your reading of Chesterton. It dawned upon my that your exquisite reading of the book was materially adding to its greatness. Thought it would be appropriate to reach out and thank you,

Best,

Yossi

All of J's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!