Complete (SOLO) A Pickle For the Knowing Ones by Timothy Dexter-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MelissaMarie

Post by MelissaMarie »

Hey Christine - I have unfortunately had another timing setback. I've been practicing and tried to finish this weekend but am going out of town unexpectedly and had an equipment snafu - complications collide, lol. Anyway, I should be back to this in a week or so and will definitely finish by the end of May.
Thanks for understanding.
Melissa
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

MelissaMarie wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 9:04 am Hey Christine - I have unfortunately had another timing setback. I've been practicing and tried to finish this weekend but am going out of town unexpectedly and had an equipment snafu - complications collide, lol. Anyway, I should be back to this in a week or so and will definitely finish by the end of May.
Melissa
No worries, ever!
MelissaMarie

Post by MelissaMarie »

brownrottger wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 2:49 pm
MelissaMarie wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 9:04 am Hey Christine - I have unfortunately had another timing setback. I've been practicing and tried to finish this weekend but am going out of town unexpectedly and had an equipment snafu - complications collide, lol. Anyway, I should be back to this in a week or so and will definitely finish by the end of May.
Melissa
No worries, ever!
appreciate it :)
MelissaMarie

Post by MelissaMarie »

Hey Christine, I thought I would be posting the final file tonight but I'm having trouble with the volume. The original is just under 86 but neither amplify or normalize, separately or together, are getting it where it needs to be. I haven't had this problem before. Maybe it's because the volume of the recording has too big of a range?
Anyway, do you know of anything else that might work? I can always re-record but wanted to dig into it a little first.
thanks. hope you are well. :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Melissa,
Christine may have a better suggestion. I use the compressor effect to bring the range closer, and then amplify it.
Have a good day!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

MelissaMarie wrote: May 29th, 2023, 8:12 pm Hey Christine, I thought I would be posting the final file tonight but I'm having trouble with the volume. The original is just under 86 but neither amplify or normalize, separately or together, are getting it where it needs to be. I haven't had this problem before. Maybe it's because the volume of the recording has too big of a range?
Anyway, do you know of anything else that might work? I can always re-record but wanted to dig into it a little first.
thanks. hope you are well. :D
I am sure you can figure this out. If you come to your wits end, do not endure spaghetti brain! If you upload it to the project as is and post here I can try to help. I remember I had this problem once. I think I might have reimported it to Audacity and then it would change the volume? Also I have used the compressor and then amplify. Phil Chenevert has a great youtube on hitting 89 dB.

I found my notes on the Compressor Settings I have used:
Threshold -16 dB
Noise Floor -40 dB
Ratio 2:1
Attack time 0.20
Release 1.0
box unchecked.
Also, you can use Loudness Normalization which I set at -19.

Best,
Christine
MelissaMarie

Post by MelissaMarie »

Thank you both! I will dig into it tomorrow & will have the final file to you soon. :thumbs:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

MelissaMarie wrote: May 30th, 2023, 4:23 pm Thank you both! I will dig into it tomorrow & will have the final file to you soon. :thumbs:
No rush.
MelissaMarie

Post by MelissaMarie »

Thanks again for your help. I tried out all the suggestions and they worked well. I opted for this one that checked in at just 86 because I'm concerned about the noise floor with my current setup. If you want a little louder I definitely have it and can send.

27:30
Section 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/picklefortheknowingones_02_dexter_128kb.mp3
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 2 is PL ok. Congrats on this Fen Ominal Feet!!
MelissaMarie

Post by MelissaMarie »

brownrottger wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:37 pm Section 2 is PL ok. Congrats on this Fen Ominal Feet!!
LOL! I love it! A writer after T. Dexter's heart. :)
MelissaMarie

Post by MelissaMarie »

Hey All - Is there anything else I need to do on this project to get it finalized and posted?

Thanks to both of you for helping me out with it. It was a fun one to do. :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Everything is all set. I'll start cataloging. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
MelissaMarie

Post by MelissaMarie »

alg1001 wrote: June 6th, 2023, 2:49 pm Everything is all set. I'll start cataloging. :)
Great! Thanks!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

The system is slow tonight. It may take overnight for the project to finish up.