COMPLETE The Spirit of the Curé of Ars by Fr. Alfred Monnin - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
CrusaderGal

Post by CrusaderGal »

The Spirit of the Curé of Ars, by Alfred Monnin (1823 - 1886), translated by Fr. John Edward Bowden

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-spirit-of-the-cure-of-ars-by-alfred-monnin/

St. Jean-Baptiste Marie Vianney (known in English as St. John Vianney), was a French priest that lived from 1786-1859. He would later become famous as the Curé of Ars. Despite notoriously little formal education, he inspired an untold number to convert to the Catholic Faith, through the way that he spoke both passionately and simply, and the way that he lived his life. This book presents some of his catechisms, sermons, exhortations, and thoughts. It offers some of the most passionate pleas to the faithful, allowing him to inspire another generation from beyond the grave. (Summary by Sarah Cain)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/TheSpiritOfTheCureOfArs

Target completion date: 2023-07-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
[*]Project Code: kTOgi73F
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q84554829 (Alfred Monnin)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 9
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
[*]Original publication date (if known):
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Sarah Cain
[*]Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: https://CrusaderGal.com
[/list]

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other; *Non-fiction/Philosophy/Early Modern; *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Commentary; *Non-fiction/Philosophy; *Non-fiction/Religion

Keywords that describe the book: Christianity, Catholic, christian, saints, inspirational, religious instruction

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Spirit of the Curé of Ars. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Spirit of the Curé of Ars, by Alfred Monnin, translated by Fr. John Edward Bowden. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Spirit of the Curé of Ars, by Alfred Monnin, translated by Fr. John Edward Bowden. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Spirit of the Curé of Ars, by Alfred Monnin, translated by Fr. John Edward Bowden."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: spiritofthecureofars_##_monnin_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. spiritofthecureofars_01_monnin_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: icequeen

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
CrusaderGal

Post by CrusaderGal »

I have already recorded this book, with the exception of the preface, and had the whole thing proof listened by another. I just want to do whatever is needed to get it listed and made available on LibriVox. :)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

How about you upload one section for me? You can upload it to my folder, icequeen, and then we will see how this will go. Directions for uploading are in your first post.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CrusaderGal

Post by CrusaderGal »

Okay, I uploaded the first chapter (not counting the Preface), which I called track 1, presuming the Preface would be 0 or unnumbered, but if I erred, do let me know. Thank you for your time.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

CrusaderGal wrote: May 27th, 2023, 7:01 am Okay, I uploaded the first chapter (not counting the Preface), which I called track 1, presuming the Preface would be 0 or unnumbered, but if I erred, do let me know. Thank you for your time.
Got it! I will let you know a little later after I have listened! Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, I have set up your Magic Window. I am listening, and I am convinced! You are doing a great job! All the technical stuff is spot on, and I have not heard any stumbles at this point, which is between minute 22 and 23. So, we are off!

First, I have some homework for you. Check out this doc. These are the instructions for working with your Magic Window (MW). Please access the MW for the first time as soon as you can. Let me know if you have any problems, I can usually solve them quickly. Since you are the soloist, you are responsible for your MW. That means that you need to put in section titles and copy/paste the link for each section in the correct spot. So, it is important that you do this as soon as possible!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

There is only one issue with section one. At the end, you need to say, "End of section 1," then leave 5 seconds of silence.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CrusaderGal

Post by CrusaderGal »

icequeen wrote: May 27th, 2023, 8:13 pm OK, I have set up your Magic Window. I am listening, and I am convinced! You are doing a great job! All the technical stuff is spot on, and I have not heard any stumbles at this point, which is between minute 22 and 23. So, we are off!

First, I have some homework for you. Check out this doc. These are the instructions for working with your Magic Window (MW). Please access the MW for the first time as soon as you can. Let me know if you have any problems, I can usually solve them quickly. Since you are the soloist, you are responsible for your MW. That means that you need to put in section titles and copy/paste the link for each section in the correct spot. So, it is important that you do this as soon as possible!
Thank you! I logged in successfully and added titles. I'll work on getting the rest of the files uploaded and linked soon. Thank you for all of your help with this.

Also, sorry about forgetting the ending. Do I just re-upload with the same file name, to fix the ending issue?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Yes, the uploader will rename the old file, so there won't be any confusion with the new one.

MW looks great!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CrusaderGal

Post by CrusaderGal »

I fixed section 1 (added the ending) and uploaded section 2. I'll upload more tomorrow.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

CrusaderGal wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:36 pm I fixed section 1 (added the ending) and uploaded section 2. I'll upload more tomorrow.

And, now section 1 is PL OK!

I think we can move on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CrusaderGal

Post by CrusaderGal »

icequeen wrote: May 28th, 2023, 8:05 pm
CrusaderGal wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:36 pm I fixed section 1 (added the ending) and uploaded section 2. I'll upload more tomorrow.

And, now section 1 is PL OK!

I think we can move on to Going Solo!
Thank you! This is fun. I uploaded section 3.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 2 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
CrusaderGal

Post by CrusaderGal »

icequeen wrote: May 29th, 2023, 8:08 pm Section 2 is PL OK!
Thank you!

I just uploaded section 4. (I'm not rushing you, just letting you know where I am.)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 3 is PL OK!

No problem uploading all the sections! I can only do so much per day, and there is no pressure to get things done quickly here at LibriVox. So, no worries about me being worried about this project. We are moving along nicely! And, you should post to let me know when you have uploaded, that is the only way to know because don't get a notification.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!