issue w/servers?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
kellyjplante

Post by kellyjplante »

Hi, myself and my friend were attempting to use the New Project Generator and when we completed it (both on her computer and on mine, both using Google Chrome) we received an error message that the server couldn't process the request. Is there an ETA for when the server will be back up for this?
Kelly
Kelly

As I do not set out with great promises to the public of the wit, humour, and morality, ... I expect no reproaches to fall on me, if I should happen to fail in any, or all of these articles. - Charlotte Lennox
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

kellyjplante wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:51 pm Hi, myself and my friend were attempting to use the New Project Generator and when we completed it (both on her computer and on mine, both using Google Chrome) we received an error message that the server couldn't process the request. Is there an ETA for when the server will be back up for this?
Kelly
I just posted a new project a few minutes ago without any problem.
Sometimes if the author isn't in the database yet, there is a glitch, although my new one was a new author.
Look for any unusual characters, etc. Try a different browser.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving this off the Launch Pad.

It's often a new author, which causes a glitch in the Matrix. Post the author info (name, dates, Wikipedia page if there is one), and we can make the author for you. Then you can choose the author when you next try the template generator.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
kellyjplante

Post by kellyjplante »

The author is not new in the system because it is volume 2 of an existing project which we are doing a volume 1 on and almost complete with. But maybe that is still the case since the project is not complete yet? The author is Charlotte Lennox and the Wikipedia page etc. is the same as for volume 1 of the Lady's Museum magazine which can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=93053

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Lennox (Charlotte Lennox)
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady's_Museum
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 52
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1760-1761

Please note I will not be the project manager for this book project but rather my colleague will. I can provide her catalogue name if that will help too.
Kelly

As I do not set out with great promises to the public of the wit, humour, and morality, ... I expect no reproaches to fall on me, if I should happen to fail in any, or all of these articles. - Charlotte Lennox
kellyjplante

Post by kellyjplante »

silverquill wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:54 pm
kellyjplante wrote: May 28th, 2023, 12:51 pm Hi, myself and my friend were attempting to use the New Project Generator and when we completed it (both on her computer and on mine, both using Google Chrome) we received an error message that the server couldn't process the request. Is there an ETA for when the server will be back up for this?
Kelly
I just posted a new project a few minutes ago without any problem.
Sometimes if the author isn't in the database yet, there is a glitch, although my new one was a new author.
Look for any unusual characters, etc. Try a different browser.
we are using Google Chrome - what browser is best, Firefox? Safari?
Kelly

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Did you put that "1760-1761" in the publication date field? That might be the problem. Use only numbers, no other characters in number & date fields. (In this case, I'd put 1761, since it's the later date.)

Personally, I don't know of any browser being better or worse than another for the template generator. :hmm:

It looks like you may have started the previous volume before we started having problems with the template. It's a lot more strict about characters in number fields and things like that now. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine