[COMPLETE] Speeches of Prince Bismarck, Part 2 by Otto von Bismarck - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Alister

Post by Alister »

Speeches of Prince Bismarck, Part 2, by Otto von Bismarck (1815 - 1898), translated by Edmund von Mach (1870 - 1927)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/speeches-of-prince-bismarck-part-2-by-otto-von-bismarck/
A collection of Bismarck’s speeches translated by art historian Edmund von Mach and published in 1914 as part of THE GERMAN CLASSICS—an extensive twenty-volume collection of translated German literature which, per George Viereck in a 1915 article published in THE FATHERLAND, included 487 works from ninety-two personages.

“Bismarck did not write out his speeches” according to v. Mach and “published accounts are copied from official stenographic reports.” The names here attributed to them are drawn from the content and phrasing of the speeches themselves.

In this part are the speeches Salus Publica – Bismarck’s Only Lode-Star (1881), Practical Christianity (1881), We Germans Fear God, and Nought Else (1888), Mount the Guards at the Warthe and the Vistula! (1894) and Long Live the Emperor and the Empire! (1895).

Part 1 can be found at this link.
(Summary by Alister)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/germanclassicsma10franiala/page/210/mode/2up?view=theater

Target completion date: 2023-10-15

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Speeches of Prince Bismarck, Part 2. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Speeches of Prince Bismarck, Part 2, by Otto von Bismarck, translated by Edmund von Mach. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Speeches of Prince Bismarck, Part 2, by Otto von Bismarck, translated by Edmund von Mach. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Speeches of Prince Bismarck, Part 2, by Otto von Bismarck, translated by Edmund von Mach."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: speechesofprincebismarckpart2_##_bismarck_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. speechesofprincebismarckpart2_01_bismarck_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Kazbek

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I'll be glad to set this up for you. The MW is up.

Michael
Alister

Post by Alister »

Thanks Michael!
SamKool

Post by SamKool »

Hi,
I would love to DPL for the project.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

While we're waiting to hear from Alister, I'll move the thread to Going Solo.

Michael
SamKool

Post by SamKool »

SamKool wrote: May 26th, 2023, 1:34 am Hi,
Hi,
Since I did not receive any response regarding this, do not take my request into consideration anymore.
Alister

Post by Alister »

SamKool wrote: May 30th, 2023, 12:07 am
SamKool wrote: May 26th, 2023, 1:34 am Hi,
Hi,
Since I did not receive any response regarding this, do not take my request into consideration anymore.
Sorry SamKool, I wasn't subscribed to the topic so didn't get notified of posts in it! :oops: :oops:

I made a mental note to subscribe. . . but it slipped my mind because my other project hit an iceberg in the form of a page long section in French :shock: .

And I haven't been able to devote any time to LibriVox this past month due to work, and moving/travel plans. So I've been relying on my notifications.

Probably best you didn't DPL given all that, but nonetheless thanks for the offer, sorry for the non-response.
Alister

Post by Alister »

Here we go. Delayed, but not forestalled;

Section 01: Salus Publica - Bismarck's Only Lodestar.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/speechesofprincebismarckpart2_01_bismarck_128kb.mp3 (31:12)

:D
Alister

Post by Alister »

Public Service announcement -

Currently travelling. Access to internet/power/reception subject is transient. May not be reachable until the 12-13th of Aug.
Alister

Post by Alister »

Proof of Life Posting:

I am still working on this. 50+ minutes into Speech 2.

Only about 3-4 pages left. Shouldn't be too far off.

EDIT ~

SECTION 2 - 28:50
https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/speechesofprincebismarckpart2_02_bismarck_128kb.mp3

SECTION 3 - 33:29
https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/speechesofprincebismarckpart2_03_bismarck_128kb.mp3
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Alister wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 3:16 am Proof of Life Posting:
Thanks -- irrefutable. :D

Michael
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

Looks like you still need a DPL
Alister

Post by Alister »

PaulWelford wrote: September 27th, 2023, 11:36 am Looks like you still need a DPL
Yep. The spot is open if you want it :thumbs:
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

Alister wrote: September 27th, 2023, 11:39 am
PaulWelford wrote: September 27th, 2023, 11:36 am Looks like you still need a DPL
Yep. The spot is open if you want it :thumbs:
Happy to
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

Kazbek wrote: May 25th, 2023, 1:58 pm I'll be glad to set this up for you. The MW is up.

Michael
Can I get right to the MW please Michael?