(Complete) Children's Short Works, Volume 53 - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pumpkibee

Post by pumpkibee »

m8b1 wrote: May 12th, 2023, 5:19 am
Thank you! Nice job!

The only issue is the the volume is too low. If you could amplify it by around 10 DB and reupload, that would be great!
Sweet, thanks! Sounds good to me! I’ll bump up the volume and then resubmit it shortly. :thumbs:
~pumpkibee~
:9: Wow, I'm excited to be here! Idk what to put in a signature yet, but maybe one day I'll figure it out. :9:
pumpkibee

Post by pumpkibee »

m8b1 wrote: May 12th, 2023, 5:19 am
Thank you! Nice job!

The only issue is the the volume is too low. If you could amplify it by around 10 DB and reupload, that would be great!

Here's the updated recording, let me know if it's good, I amplified the gain by 10dB, so I hope that works!

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw053_hennypenny_pb_128kb.mp3
~pumpkibee~
:9: Wow, I'm excited to be here! Idk what to put in a signature yet, but maybe one day I'll figure it out. :9:
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

pumpkibee wrote: May 12th, 2023, 7:41 am
Here's the updated recording, let me know if it's good, I amplified the gain by 10dB, so I hope that works!

Thanks! Unfortunately, now it is a little bit too high. Can you deamplify it just a bit? It is just like amplifying, except you slide the slider into the negative territory.

The first one was 79DB, this one is 95DB. We aim for between 86 and 92. Ideally around 89.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
pumpkibee

Post by pumpkibee »

m8b1 wrote: May 12th, 2023, 8:28 am Thanks! Unfortunately, now it is a little bit too high. Can you deamplify it just a bit? It is just like amplifying, except you slide the slider into the negative territory.

The first one was 79DB, this one is 95DB. We aim for between 86 and 92. Ideally around 89.
Haha, I'm sorry about that! Yeah, here's the reupload:

I guess I should check the db myself before upload from now. I hope this one is better?
~pumpkibee~
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

This one is good to go! Thank you! :thumbs:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
MissJennyVoices

Post by MissJennyVoices »

Hello

Please advise.

I'd like to read a couple of classic fairy tales but I'm having trouble locating the author on Gutenberg.org. For example, Jack and The Beanstalk or The Story of The Three Bears. I can find tons of different versions of the stories, but the closest I've seen to an author is "Anonymous" or "Compiled by".
I'm very new at this, having only recently completed my first recording after my test, so I'll take all the help I can get. I love children's books and really want to see what I can do with character voices so I thought I'd try it out!

I was able to find the info for The Story of The Three Little Pigs so that's what I'm working on first while I wait for help.

TIA
8-) Jenny 8-)
MissJennyVoices

"You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book & read to a child." --Dr. Seuss
MissJennyVoices

Well I'm pretty sure that I screwed up the file name a bit but I'll get it right next time. For now, here is The Story Of The Three Little Pigs by L. Leslie Brooke (1862 - 1940). :D
I read from https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/18155/pg18155-images.html
Below is the link from the uploader.
My audio is 6:04 in length.
My audio: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw053_threelittlepigs_jc.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything about the recording or the post in the thread that I can improve upon.

Thanks & have a great day!
8-) Jenny 8-)
MissJennyVoices

"You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book & read to a child." --Dr. Seuss
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

MissJennyVoices wrote: May 12th, 2023, 7:00 pm Hello

Please advise.

I'd like to read a couple of classic fairy tales but I'm having trouble locating the author on Gutenberg.org. For example, Jack and The Beanstalk or The Story of The Three Bears. I can find tons of different versions of the stories, but the closest I've seen to an author is "Anonymous" or "Compiled by".
Hi,

If it doesn't have an author, we would put it under "Anonymous" or "Unknown" in the catalog. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

MissJennyVoices wrote: May 12th, 2023, 8:55 pm Well I'm pretty sure that I screwed up the file name a bit but I'll get it right next time. For now, here is The Story Of The Three Little Pigs by L. Leslie Brooke (1862 - 1940). :D
I read from https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/18155/pg18155-images.html
Below is the link from the uploader.
My audio is 6:04 in length.
My audio: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/csw053_threelittlepigs_jc.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything about the recording or the post in the thread that I can improve upon.

Thanks & have a great day!
Thank you! I will fix the file name. Everything else is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
MissJennyVoices

m8b1 wrote: May 13th, 2023, 2:56 pm
MissJennyVoices wrote: May 12th, 2023, 7:00 pm Hello

Please advise.

Hi,

If it doesn't have an author, we would put it under "Anonymous" or "Unknown" in the catalog. :-)
Thank you. So would I just say the title and then "by Unknown/Anonymous" or just leave out the Author's name, or how does that usually work??
I'm about to record Jack and The Beanstalk & The Story of The Three Bears and am having this issue with both of them.

Happy that The Three Little Pigs was OK - I'll be working on Little Red Riding Hood tonight while I wait to find out how to properly introduce the ones without known Authors.
8-) Jenny 8-)
MissJennyVoices

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Jenny,

I'm fine with leaving the "author" out entirely in that situation, or you can say "by anonymous". :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

Hi, I would like to read Cinderella.
Here is the link on gutenburg:

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23303

norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

So I was going to read Cinderella as a solo, but it is so short that I'm going to read it here.
I was going to add music at the beginning and end, (just a little tune a made up on the piano) could I still do that on here?
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

norahnelson wrote: May 20th, 2023, 6:33 pm So I was going to read Cinderella as a solo, but it is so short that I'm going to read it here.
I was going to add music at the beginning and end, (just a little tune a made up on the piano) could I still do that on here?
Hi Norah,

We don't allow music or sound effects, accept in rare exceptions when it is in the text.

The text you chose would be fine for this collection.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
norahnelson

Post by norahnelson »

Ok thanks. :)