Post by sarabrown »

Be well,
Sara
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Two things however.

1. You do not need to submit a zero-length file (as you did for Act 4 above) when your character is not in that act. The MW should only have sections for you in which your character actually appears and speaks.

2. Please put the missing line from Act 2 into the original Act 2 file along with all the other lines, and upload just one complete file for that act, using the original https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/faireem_em_2.mp3 file name. A new upload using this file name will automatically replace the original file of that name, and this way the file name link I copied into the MW will not have to be replaced.) Having everything for each character in each act in one file makes it much easier for me to do the cutting and pasting to create the master file of the completed act with all the voices in place. (I will only request separate missing line files when I have already assembled most of an act and find a line missing.)

Thanks, Todd
sarabrown

Post by sarabrown »

Hi Todd,

Act 4 is a glitch. The file length should be 3:51. Let me update my act 2 with the missing line and re-upload act 4. Sorry about that!
Be well,
Sara
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ah. I had missed that Em had lines in Act 4. I will add that section to the MW now.

Thanks, Todd
sarabrown

Post by sarabrown »

Both files have been corrected. Thanks again for your help! I can't wait to hear it all put together
Be well,
Sara
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you - but it will be a while before we are done. A couple of months probably to get all the parts in; I can usually edit it all together in less than a week (unless several finish plays at the same time!).

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ktaylor07 wrote: May 21st, 2023, 11:12 amOoops! Here's the correction: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/faireem_blanch_5.mp3

Poor Blanch! She may need to switch to another play entirely to fulfill her true potential as a Princess!
Actually I have read on and it looks as if William has seen sense in the end and there's a happy ending for Blanche !

And PL ok now, thank's Kelly

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sarabrown wrote: May 21st, 2023, 12:16 pmHere is Em act 1 for feedback/corrections please:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/faireem_em_1.mp3
thank you, Sara, for this great performance. You portray Em so lovely, and convincingly in her schemes to keep her love. I was suprised she got Valingford in the end after all :lol:

I can mark Acts 1, 3 and 4 already PL ok. :thumbs: Nothing missing and excellently acted out.

A few corrections needed for Acts 2 and 5 however. No need to re-record the whole, simply correct on the spot time stamps I am going to mention. If you are unsure how to edit, please ask and we'll walk you through it. If you start with the last PL note, the time stamps will stay the same for you.

Act 2:
> at 0:31: (p. 291) "why anything I can do for recovery of thy health be right well assured of" – you say "recooery" – 'u' often replaces a modern 'v' in these old scripts

> at about 1:37: (p. 292) please insert missed line: "Why, darest thou not trust me ?"

> from 3:09 to 3:13: (p. 293) between "gnaw upon" and "ah Manville" – the long silence can be cut, as it's in the chunk of speech

> at 3:19: (p. 293) missed part: "...to my heart. Uncourteous love, whose followers...."

> at 3:26: (p. 293) "the fruit of frantic bedlam jealousy" – you say "franktike", if I am not mistaken

> at 4:09: (p. 293) "I cannot understand you by your signs" – you say "singes"

> at about 5:03: (p. 295) missed line: "Who is that ?"

Act 5:
> at 1:52: (p. 305) "yea, begged, if wealth had failed" – you say "badged"

Just reupload with the exact same filename, and the old will be replaced by the new.

Thanks

Sonia
sarabrown

Post by sarabrown »

Thank you for your feedback! Both files have been corrected. I had fun with this :)
Be well,
Sara
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sarabrown wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 2:33 pmThank you for your feedback! Both files have been corrected. I had fun with this :)
and excellent corrections they are :thumbs: I see you have no problems at all with the editing part. All of Em now PL ok. Thank you again, and I hope to hear you in another play some day soon. 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: May 22nd, 2023, 11:02 pmMarquis of Lubeck:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/faireem_marquislubeck_1.mp3 02:43
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/faireem_marquislubeck_2.mp3 02:16
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/faireem_marquislubeck_3.mp3 04:04
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/faireem_marquislubeck_5.mp3 00:14
Not sure that I would be giving up the love of my life for a friend, no matter how highly I thought of him.
yes they were always over-dramatic back in the days. Who knows what he would have done if it had come down to it ;) He was probably sure of her love and that's why he proposed it. :lol:

An excellent portrayal of the Marquis, thank you so much. :9: He's a great character (much more agreeable than William :roll: )

Acts 2 and 3 are PL ok.

PL notes for Act 1:

> at about 1:23: (p. 289) missed line: "That same is Blanch, daughter to the king, the substance of the shadow that you saw."

> at 2:29: (p. 290) "to brook co-rivals with me in my love" – you say "corrivals", but I think the word means co-rivals (another rival for the love of Mariana)

PL notes for Act 5:

> at about 0:12: (p. 306) three missed lines:
- In mine eyes this is the proprest wench, might I advise thee, take her unto thy wife.
- Why, there's the spite.
- He will ask but her good will, and all her friends.

thanks

Sonia
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Kitty wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 1:01 am PL notes for Act 1:

> at about 1:23: (p. 289) missed line: "That same is Blanch, daughter to the king, the substance of the shadow that you saw."

> at 2:29: (p. 290) "to brook co-rivals with me in my love" – you say "corrivals", but I think the word means co-rivals (another rival for the love of Mariana)

PL notes for Act 5:

> at about 0:12: (p. 306) three missed lines:
- In mine eyes this is the proprest wench, might I advise thee, take her unto thy wife.
- Why, there's the spite.
- He will ask but her good will, and all her friends.

thanks

Sonia
Replacement files for Acts 1 & 5 uploaded.

New time marks for Act 1: 01:23 to 01:30; 02:35 to 02:41

I couldn't think what that word was supposed to be, but co-rivals makes perfect sense. Thanks.
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.