Question about Hardware Updates?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
pumpkibee

Post by pumpkibee »

Hi there, so I was approved to do recordings but in my reading of the links for beginners to read through, I don’t think I found an answer to a particular question I have (Which to be fair I might have missed the answer if it’s there already, if so, I apologize for not being more thorough in my reading.)

My question, though, is if I get a hardware update (such as a new microphone or something of the like) would I have to make a new one minute test recording to make sure the quality of everything still lines up proper? Or is it something I’d be able to just do on my own, adjusting the volume to be within the appropriate areas, so long as the bitrate and whatnot still remains the same.

Thank you for the help! 🙏
~pumpkibee~
:9: Wow, I'm excited to be here! Idk what to put in a signature yet, but maybe one day I'll figure it out. :9:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You don't have to do another test - but if it's a big update people often do.
Anne
pumpkibee

Post by pumpkibee »

annise wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:09 am You don't have to do another test - but if it's a big update people often do.
Anne
Thank you for letting me know! :)
I'm sorry I never responded, I wasn't notified of your response and only thought to manually check now.
~pumpkibee~
:9: Wow, I'm excited to be here! Idk what to put in a signature yet, but maybe one day I'll figure it out. :9: