[COMPLETE] L'Atlàntida, by Jacint Verdaguer i Santaló - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cordajungfrau

Post by cordajungfrau »

Hi,
And here we've got the tenth section! https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/atlantida_10_verdaguer_128kb.mp3
Corda Jungfrau
llunaemporda

Post by llunaemporda »

Fantastic! At just two sections from completion!
PL OK
:clap: :clap: :clap:
cordajungfrau

Post by cordajungfrau »

Hi,
Here we have the 11th section:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/atlantida_11_verdaguer_128kb.mp3
I expect to be able to upload the 12th and last section in the next days.
Thanks,
Corda Jungfrau
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Hola a tothom,

He rebaixat els pics i compensat els decibelis. Tot correcte.

Una cosa. Penseu si voleu crear-vos la vostra pròpia caràtula, la imatge que surt a internet i a l'aplicació lligada al llibre. És com una caràtula de CD.

Si no dieu res, ja hi ha un xat de voluntàries al fòrum que fan cua per fer caràtules. Pots tenir sort i que te la facin maca; però també pots donar instruccions a en Michael perquè ho retinguin i t'ho facis tu mateixa.

Vinga, que ja falta poc.

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
llunaemporda

Post by llunaemporda »

Fantastic! Just one more for completion...
PL OK
:clap: :clap: :clap:
cordajungfrau

Post by cordajungfrau »

Gràcies, Joan!
Gràcies, Lluna!

And here's the 12th and last section: https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/atlantida_12_verdaguer_128kb.mp3

Michael, I'd like to do the CD cover for this project myself. I'll try to have it ready tomorrow.

Thanks,
Corda Jungfrau
llunaemporda

Post by llunaemporda »

As it was the last one, I was waiting for it... ;-)
I simply love it! Congratulations for this wonderful work, 'L'Atlàntida'!!!
PL OK
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

cordajungfrau wrote: May 2nd, 2023, 1:36 pm Michael, I'd like to do the CD cover for this project myself. I'll try to have it ready tomorrow.
Great! Please be sure to read the first post in this thread and pre-claim the cover, so that another volunteer cover-maker doesn't claim it:

viewtopic.php?t=28785

I'll wait for a green light from you and Joan before cataloging.

Michael
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Dear Michael, Corda, Llunaempordà,

I have cleared the last recording. This is a trully outstading contribution to the Catalan collection. :clap:

Michael. One clarification. The first section is called "introduction"; but it is not really an introduction as we usually understand it. It is the beginning of the story, already in verse. It should not have been called that way. However, the following sections are numbered by the author as if the second was the first, and so on. I am not sure how you have to handle this in the registration :?

Well, I have no more projects on sight right now. I will have to chase people around :lol:

Best,

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
cordajungfrau

Post by cordajungfrau »

Thanks, Joan. :D
The cover is uploaded already.
I'm longing to see the work catalogued!
Thanks, Michael. :D
Corda Jungfrau
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Great! I'm also excited to see this audiobook completed, not only because this is a classic, but also because of the bilingual text, which will be very useful for language learners. When I get back to studying Catalan, this will probably be the book I'll start with.

Since there's only one section before the numbered chapters and only one section after the numbered chapters, and it is clear from their titles where they fit in the sequence, it's fine to use the current intros/outros.

Section 2 had very low volume, which couldn't be corrected automatically because of some volume spikes. I normalized the volume after applying some dynamic range compression and the project is now being cataloged.

Michael
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

Thanks for the work on section two. I did correct (most of) the files by manually moderating the spikes and then applying mp3gain to the whole. I was afraid that the normalizing function might affect the sound a lot.

Anyway, I seem to have missed section two, so thanks for this.

If you are interested to learn Catalan by practice rather than through formal procedures, you may also find this resource useful: https://repositori.lecturafacil.net/. There are hundreds of texts and quite a few audioreadings of material for learners of any kind. There are also quite a few works where the versions in Spanish are avalaible. The only thing is that the searching is not very practical to this purpose.

One pending job I have is to work out how some material could be transferred to LibriVox to enable it much wider circulation; but it is very probably a quagmire with regard to copyright issues.

Joan
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
jpujolar

Post by jpujolar »

And one note: Catalan spelling changed significantly in the early 20th century due to a reform and unification. Just in case you are left wondering. This does not affect speakers much, who can even read medieval texts pretty easily (which cannot be done in English); but I guess it may be confusing for learners.
Joan Pujolar
jpujolar@mastodont.cat

Projectes en català
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Thanks, Joan. I've made a note of that site for future reference. As someone who likes to read Medieval literature in Romance languages, I'm not easily fased by spelling variations. :)

The cataloging process is taking a long while these days, but it's finally done!

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/l-atlantida-by-jacint-verdaguer-i-santalo/

Enhorabona! :clap:

Michael
cordajungfrau

Post by cordajungfrau »

Hi, everyone,
We finally have the CD cover for this project and the full audiobook is uploaded in LibriVox, Internet Archive, and YouTube. I think with that all is completed.
Thanks a lot to all of you! :clap:
Corda Jungfrau