[Complete]The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol. 12 - Miscellany - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

Thank you. Michele. A very fine reading of section 23.

A brief clearing of the throat can be heard at 11:09, at the word "of".

...and who worship a God in whom the violation of
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Tommy, I fixed it and after lowering the tempo -2, the fix is now at 11:21, and I look forward with anticipation to PLing your next file. :D
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

msfry wrote: April 26th, 2023, 11:21 am Thanks Tommy, I fixed it and after lowering the tempo -2, the fix is now at 11:21, and I look forward with anticipation to PLing your next file. :D
You are indeed, PL OK! Thank you!
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 9 is PL OK. Comedy, satire, the stage -- interesting topics! Nicely read, well paced. :thumbs:
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
fifinauggie

Post by fifinauggie »

I saw section twelve "The Lotos Club Dinner, Twentieth Anniversary." was open and I'd like to claim it! I am new to LibriVox and I'd like to be credited as Chloe Allen.

Thanks!
-Chloe
msfry

Post by msfry »

fifinauggie wrote: April 27th, 2023, 7:39 pm I saw section twelve "The Lotos Club Dinner, Twentieth Anniversary." was open and I'd like to claim it! I am new to LibriVox and I'd like to be credited as Chloe Allen.

Thanks!
-Chloe
Hello Chloe and welcome to the project. I see you're working on your 1-minute test, are new to Audacity, and asking for help. All good. You've also chosen a short file to get started recording on, also very good, as the editing takes awhile to get the hang of. I'll assign you Section 12 and enter you into the catalog as Chloe Allen, which will show up in our catalog next to each file you record. I'll help you get acquainted with other things as you go along. For starters, please read the First Post very carefully on each project you claim sections on, because each one is slightly different. You will read the Intro and Outro directly from there, name your file exactly as shown (I recommend you copy and paste to avoid typos), upload to the unique MC folder shown, and work with the BC (Book Coordinator) and DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) shown (both are me on this project) to bring your files to completion.

Once your 1 minute test gets the OK, you're ready to begin!
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes 28 Wow, this is a hard-hitting section, which you read wonderfully! Thank you. Just one little text error that seems worth mentioning:

4:31 The original inhabitants, you say inhabits
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

28 is PL OK.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

If section 08 Thirteen Club Dinner is still available, I'd be pleased to take it on.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: April 29th, 2023, 11:36 am If section 08 Thirteen Club Dinner is still available, I'd be pleased to take it on.
It's yours.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison