COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 019 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

GregGiordano wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 5:36 am Here are the lines for The Snowman in the play entitled "The Snowman" -

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thesnowman_thesnowman_housman.mp3

Take care,

Greg
Thank you Greg! The snowman is PL-OK!
A.M.B. :roll:

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Ambsweet13 wrote: April 25th, 2023, 8:44 am
GregGiordano wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 5:36 am Here are the lines for The Snowman in the play entitled "The Snowman" -

Take care,

Greg
Wonderful!

Thank you!

Greg
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Decided to claim Mary Ann in The Snowman.

Also, at the beginning of the play, there is a song that the two children, Mary Ann and Matthew Mark sing together. I recorded a file of just this song (with the tune that I kept reading it as :lol: ) for whoever claims Matthew to be able to listen to.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thesnowman_childrenssong_housman.mp3 (1:18)
No professional singing is required of course, just want a similar beat and tune so they can be edited together nicely.

I will record and upload Mary Ann's speaking lines later.

Between illnesses, work, and vacation, May wasn't my best Librivox month. But I'm back and ready to do some more recording, editing, and PLing!
tefavidal

Post by tefavidal »

Thank you very much for the suggestions on how to assemble it!
I think I got into a good flow and I'm currently at minute 80 of the play (and I haven't finished yet). Which brings me to the question. Should we split this into two parts since it is over 75 minutes? If yes, What would be the correct intro to each part?
Or would it make more sense to have it as a separate dramatic project?
Thanks!
Back until end of August.
Catching up on some recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You are early enough in this project that I can give you two adjacent sections. They can be 74 minutes max each.

Just add Part 1 and Part 2 to the intros and outros. I am out of town for a week and will come up with new section numbers and filenames then.

Thanks, Todd
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

GregGiordano wrote: April 25th, 2023, 8:48 am
Ambsweet13 wrote: April 25th, 2023, 8:44 am

Take care,

Greg
Wonderful!

Thank you!

Greg
Ambsweet13,

Will you be able to mark this PL OK in the MW? I would like to take it off my list.

Thanks,

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I am out of town and can’t update the MW until Monday or Tuesday. Sorry.

Todd
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

ToddHW wrote: April 27th, 2023, 4:47 am I am out of town and can’t update the MW until Monday or Tuesday. Sorry.

Todd
Thanks, Todd. Enjoy your break!

Take care,

Greg
tefavidal

Post by tefavidal »

ToddHW wrote: April 26th, 2023, 5:35 am You are early enough in this project that I can give you two adjacent sections. They can be 74 minutes max each.

Just add Part 1 and Part 2 to the intros and outros. I am out of town for a week and will come up with new section numbers and filenames then.

Thanks, Todd
Hi Todd!
I hope you had a nice break!
I'm finalizing the files for the Man of Destiny and I was wondering what should be the final file names?
Thanks!
Estefania
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Going to be two files, right? I'm going to move you down to be files 6 and 7:

First final filename to be oneactplays019_06_various_128kb
Second final filename to be oneactplays019_07_various_128kb

And I will add a new 11th slot so we still have 10 plays in the collection.

Thanks, Todd

(Wasn't a real break - a "Celebration of Life" for someone. Though t'was a nice ceremony....)
Ambsweet13

Post by Ambsweet13 »

Ambsweet13 wrote: April 25th, 2023, 9:15 am Decided to claim Mary Ann in The Snowman.

Also, at the beginning of the play, there is a song that the two children, Mary Ann and Matthew Mark sing together. I recorded a file of just this song (with the tune that I kept reading it as :lol: ) for whoever claims Matthew to be able to listen to.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thesnowman_childrenssong_housman.mp3 (1:18)
No professional singing is required of course, just want a similar beat and tune so they can be edited together nicely.

I will record and upload Mary Ann's speaking lines later.
I think this post might have been missed when Todd was on break.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

MW updated.

Thanks, Todd
tefavidal

Post by tefavidal »

Here is the first part of "The Man of Destiny" with a running time of 1:11:07

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays019_06_various_128kb.mp3

Can somebody please PL it :D ?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
stepheather

Post by stepheather »

Hi, karmaemmings,

Thanks for joining us in this little one-act play. I appreciated the crying; it should work quite well in the final file.

I have some notes for you, although these are optional.

Todd--the part can be marked PL Okay; I'll still spot PL if karmaemmings chooses to add/fix these things, of course!

0:40--a longer pause is helpful in isolating the lines to put them together with the narration...even when that means splitting a line. I know it feels quite awkward, but leave 5 seconds, just like you would between one line and the next.
1:12ish--(optional)--if you're able to give any muffled screams/shrieks, I'll try to get the other characters to add some as well, and I'll figure out how to meld them together (this is pg. 172 and again on pg. 183--lots of screaming for such a short play)

One other note for you--I hear quite a few plosives. To be fair, I'm sensitive to them when I'm wearing headphones, but this is where the puff of breath hits the mic. I can actually feel it when I'm wearing the headphones! Anyway, there's one at about 0:30, and several more throughout. Most often this happens on "po" and "thr" sounds, although there are other common miscreants out there. If you isolate the jagged part in the sound file and use a high-pass filter, you can often soften these down without a lot of work (although it can be cumbersome with a long file). If you don't have time to do this, I will be doing it as I edit everything together, but if you want the practice on a short file, this is a good one to start with. I didn't note all of the locations, but if you choose do this, go ahead and give the file a listen. I heard around 4 or 5, I think. If you're not sure about how to use the high-pass filter, you can watch my stumbling efforts to explain in the first half of the video I have on my MediaFire account (https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/eh28v9bturgjww4/PlosiveReduction.mp4/file. I should remake this and upload to YouTube. :?

In the meantime, well done. Like I said, these are all just ways to fine tune things, and I can definitely work with what you've already given me!

Stephanie
--Stephanie

Current solo:
Life among the Piutes

Native American history--Come read about removal plans, education, and laws:
Annual Report of the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, December 1837