[COMPLETE] Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane -choc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapters 17, 18 and 19 PL OK!
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Boy, I had an uncomfortable half-hour with Chapter 21! :?

During my edit I noted I'd missed almost two lines of text. So I went back into my 'studio' and re-recorded the paragraph. Back at my desk and ... the same lines are missing! :shock:

- Turns out, my reading tablet was keyed on a DIFFERENT Gutenberg edition of the book, one which incidentally, had been downloaded many more times and had even been updated last year. But when I set up the solo, I apparently referenced a different edition, with different dates, and carrying the extra lines. That's what I've been editing from on my desktop computer, and I expect, what you're using. After I discovered this, I reset my tablet for the alternate and read the passage a third time.

That is the first text difference I've detected in these 21 chapters.

Anyway, Chapters 20 and 21 are now up! :D :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/chocoholic/redbadgeofcourage_20_crane_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/chocoholic/redbadgeofcourage_21_crane_128kb.mp3
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Another tough day of editing... My recording laptop had hiccups and created 5 dropouts, each of up to a minute and a half, that I had to go back, re-record, and patch in. And then I got balled up and patched in the wrong order! So if Chapter 22 leaves you scratching your head - it did mine, too! (But I'll fix it!) I THINK it's right.

https://librivox.org/uploads/chocoholic/redbadgeofcourage_22_crane_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/chocoholic/redbadgeofcourage_23_crane_128kb.mp3

:D :D
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Sections 20 through 23 PL OK!

All sounds good!
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

FINAL CHAPTER is up! :D

Boy, I hoped Crane was going to pull this book out of the mud at the end, but nope - he literally stuck it back in the mud, almost in the last paragraph!
Can't say I enjoyed this one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/chocoholic/redbadgeofcourage_24_crane_128kb.mp3

By the way, I asserted a claim to the cover some weeks ago, am working on it, and expect to submit in a day or two. :thumbs:
I'll also finalize the summary, Laurie.
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Thank you for putting "full summary will be substituted later" in the first one so I don't accidentally use it (it's already in the database) :D
Laurie Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Chapter 24 PL OK!

Very nice work!
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Thanks for PLing the book, Kevin!
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kaffen wrote: April 21st, 2023, 1:14 pm Thanks for PLing the book, Kevin!
My pleasure.
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Summary for the catalog:

A youth, caught up in patriotic fervor and dreams of glory, enlists in the Union Army. In his first battle, though, he runs away.

Deeply ashamed of his cowardice, and imagining the snickers and gibes of comrades behind his back, he rejoins his unit and in later fights puts himself in the vanguard, where his battle frenzy awes his companions. He is seeking a battle wound – his own red badge of courage.
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Great! I've plugged that in and started the cataloging process. I'll post back when deriving at Archive is finished (might not be until tomorrow).
Laurie Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Laurie Anne
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Thanks so much for BCing, Laurie! :9:
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings