COMPLETE High altars; the battle-fields of France and Flanders as I saw them, by John Oxenham - cm

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

You're very welcome!
Did you intend to re-upload? I checked but I am getting the same file as before.
victordorff

Post by victordorff »

victordorff

Post by victordorff »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 8th, 2023, 12:21 am You're very welcome!
Did you intend to re-upload? I checked but I am getting the same file as before.
I thought I had, but I have done it again. Please let me know if you still aren't getting the right file.
victordorff

Post by victordorff »

victordorff

Post by victordorff »

victordorff

Post by victordorff »

victordorff

Post by victordorff »

Here is the final section (section 10):

https://librivox.org/uploads/colleenmc/highaltars_10_oxenham_128kb.mp3 2:04

I hope you enjoy the rest of the book. The author was clearly moved by what he saw at the front, and he believed (like many others of his time) that 'his' war was "the war to end all wars." He was convinced that 'his' war would eliminate autocrats and clear the way for a democratic world. Without those convictions, he could make no sense of the unprecedented violence of that war. Given everything the world has been through in the ensuing 100 years, I found the irony of his observations compelling.

Thanks for doing the Proof-Listening.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I really enjoyed this audio book, and you deserve a big round of applause :clap: :clap: :clap:

I only noticed that in section 9, after the disclaimer, you use "section 9" instead of the section title "summing up". Is that something you'd like to change? I've marked it pl OK so it's up to you :wink:
victordorff

Post by victordorff »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 11th, 2023, 12:13 pm I really enjoyed this audio book, and you deserve a big round of applause :clap: :clap: :clap:

I only noticed that in section 9, after the disclaimer, you use "section 9" instead of the section title "summing up". Is that something you'd like to change? I've marked it pl OK so it's up to you :wink:
I fixed it and (I believe) reposted it. Please let me know if the new version didn't arrive.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Is there more for me to do now, or is my role completed? Should I be watching to see when it "goes live"?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 9 is spot-checked :thumbs:

Stay around until it goes live, in case anything goes wrong during cataloguing that you could help with.
And then I'm always excited to see what image cover the audiobook will get! Is the cover something you'd like to do yourself or you're happy for someone else to do it?
victordorff

Post by victordorff »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 12th, 2023, 12:18 am Section 9 is spot-checked :thumbs:

Stay around until it goes live, in case anything goes wrong during cataloguing that you could help with.
And then I'm always excited to see what image cover the audiobook will get! Is the cover something you'd like to do yourself or you're happy for someone else to do it?
I'm happy to let someone else do that. I'm sure whoever it is will do a better job! Thanks.
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Hi,

For some reason I was not getting updates on posts here. I will be cataloguing today! Great job getting this all turned around so quickly!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Congratulations on completing your solo!

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: [https://librivox.org/high-altars-by-william-arthur-dunkerley/]

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai