Belated introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
berlingunning

Post by berlingunning »

:roll: Hi. I joined LibriVox back in January, and immediately started learning audacity software so I could record. In all the excitement I didn't introduce myself properly.

I am a novelist who writes under the name Berlin Gunning. That's the name under which you'll find me in the LibriVox catalogue, too. I've always enjoyed listening to audiobooks, and paying special attention to how the narrators deliver each line. I decided that I wanted to try my hand at narrating. I'm seriously considering eventually doing this professionally. Heck, I'm only 40 years old. What's a new career? Don't worry, I'm under no illusions as to the amount of hard work I have ahead of me if I want to make this happen, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Oh, and by the way, my sweet old cat is very lucky that I like sweet old cats, because whenever I start narrating, she starts yowling! I live in a tiny studio apartment, so I can't put her in another room. I just have to wait until her yowling fit is over and she goes back to sleep! I know that it isn't because I sound terrible. She's deaf. She can't hear me!

Fortunately there are plenty of humans who can and who enjoy being read to. I look forward to bringing them as much pleasure as many audiobook narrators have brought me over the years!

Happy to be here and looking forward to many recording sessions.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Welcome!

Are you Berlin Chambers Gunning on Twitter?
I'm a geek. I wreck my computer. Then I fix it.
berlingunning

Post by berlingunning »

I am!