Hello! newbie at Librivox

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Bharati

Post by Bharati »

I am Bharati, a newbie at Librivox.
I have always enjoyed the magical world of literature and look forward to reading a good book in a cozy corner. I was not able to read as much as I wanted to, until I discovered Librivox. This was like a fresh breath of life for me and I could complete some of the classics on my bucket list. What's more fun for me is that instead of listening to myself read the book in my mind, I could listen to so many amazing readers and enhance the whole experience of reading a book. I am excited to join this cool community of readers across the world and contribute whatever best I can.
(btw, I am from India and work as an HR Manager. I am a happy mother to a 15 yr old son and married to the sweetest guy i know)

Thanks to the Librivox team for having so much info readily available. Makes it easy to start.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Bharati wrote: April 1st, 2023, 9:10 pm I am Bharati, a newbie at Librivox.
I have always enjoyed the magical world of literature and look forward to reading a good book in a cozy corner. I was not able to read as much as I wanted to, until I discovered Librivox. This was like a fresh breath of life for me and I could complete some of the classics on my bucket list. What's more fun for me is that instead of listening to myself read the book in my mind, I could listen to so many amazing readers and enhance the whole experience of reading a book. I am excited to join this cool community of readers across the world and contribute whatever best I can.
(btw, I am from India and work as an HR Manager. I am a happy mother to a 15 yr old son and married to the sweetest guy i know)

Thanks to the Librivox team for having so much info readily available. Makes it easy to start.
Welcome Bharati!
You may want to start with the 1 minute test that was in the introductory email. [psst not really a test!]
I use Linux. I also like penguins.