Hello to all!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
pipes

Post by pipes »

Hi, my name is Jim but everyone calls me "pipes". I'm here to do my part and read some books! I need to poke around a bit. What's the best place to start? Suggestions?
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

pipes wrote: April 1st, 2023, 8:25 pm Hi, my name is Jim but everyone calls me "pipes". I'm here to do my part and read some books! I need to poke around a bit. What's the best place to start? Suggestions?
Hi Jim,

Welcome to Librivox!

There are so many possible starting places. If you like to get your info by reading, check out the forums. Need Help? Got Advice? in particular is always helpful when you have a specific question.

The Librivox Wiki is a good broad picture starting point (I believe that's where I started). It covers just about anything anyone does at Librivox.

If you prefer your information in video format, Phil Chenevert has a series of YouTube videos that many find helpful. I watched a couple when I was starting, to find the answers to some of my Audacity questions.

And if you can't find answers anywhere, you can always post your questions in the Need Help? Got Advice? forum. Answers are generally provided there surprisingly quickly.

I've been on here for just over a year, and I find that I'm still learning new things every day.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
The Magic Nuts by Mrs. Molesworth (children’s story with fairies, mermaids, and gnomes!)
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous fiction with a dog as hero)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Another good starting place is right at the top of this page -- the link under LibriVox Forum Guides for Listeners & Volunteers (LibriVox wiki)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Or just to read your welcome email, which says what the wiki says and what the first post in every project says. That way you can see what you find you know and what you need help with and get targeted advice for what you want to do.

Anne