my quick links or file system?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
12tallyho

Post by 12tallyho »

I'm still learning, but I'm wondering if there is a way to go directly to the projects I'm working on. It takes me forever to find the book I'm reading in the forum and then my part...I guess I'm asking if there is a folder or something we can create on here to quickly get to work; find the books we are reading. Do I need to download an entire book then find my chapter? Thanks for any help!
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

For a lot of documents on Project Gutenberg, there are links to the chapters, If I am doing a part of a larger project, I will usually open the full text, copy my section, then paste into a Word document, or into Google docs. I like to use a font and font size that I can read well from.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Here's your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/18478
You can keep track of your assigned sections there. (Click on Reader section details to see each section.)

To get to this link yourself, use your name in any Magic Window in which you have an assigned section. Click on your name link. ;)

To do the actual recording, you will go to the text link for the project (located in the first post of the project thread). Usually you don't have to download the whole book, but just find your part in it and read from the browser window. That part is more according to your own preference.

Does this help?
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Also, to navigate the forum to the projects you're involved in, you can use the quick link "Your posts", from the "Quick links" menu on the upper left corner. It will list the threads you've posted in, which is usually project threads. Ah, is this what you meant with your topic title? :mrgreen:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I bookmark all my projects.

Click on the down arrow alongside the little wrench icon which is next to the Post Reply at the top of every thread, and then choose 'bookmark topic.'

To access your bookmarks, use the down arrow next to your username at the top right in the header under the search box, and click User Control Panel. On the next screen select manage bookmarks. (Hint: You can bookmark this page of forum bookmarks in your browser for even quicker access.)

When you no longer need a specific thread bookmark, check the box in the column titled MARK, then scroll to the bottom and click the 'Remove marked bookmarks' button. On this page, you can do this for multiple threads at once. You can also remove a single thread from your forum bookmarks the same way you set the bookmark above. In the dropdown next to the wrench icon for a bookmarked topic, select remove from bookmarks.
Jo