[COMPLETE] The Fisherman and his Friends, Louis Albert Banks-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WoodedBeardsman

Post by WoodedBeardsman »

Thank you for the notes! I'll re-record and edit as soon as I can!
WoodedBeardsman

WoodedBeardsman

Hey! Thank you so much for the great feedback. I just rerecorded and trimmed to spec, then reuploaded. You mentioned that you wouldn't have guessed it was my first time recording. If you have a moment, I'd love it if you could be more specific on what makes you say that, so I can repeat it for future reads!
Thank you:)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

What makes me say that? Well, it's hard to put my finger on it. You just sounded relaxed and confident. Whatever you're doing is working for you, keep it up!

I'd like to just confirm one thing about this new recording. When you say you "rerecorded and trimmed to spec, then reuploaded," do you mean that this is an entirely new recording from start to finish? Or you just rerecorded the part that needed the correction and pasted it into place? Hopefully it's the latter, so that I can just check that one spot. Otherwise, I'll have to listen to the whole thing again to ensure that no other error was introduced anywhere else. (I don't say this because I'm expecting a mistake. I'm just saying it because we are all human and it's easy to make a mistake without noticing. Happens all the time.)

Lastly, you should know that when you upload a new version of any section, you should upload it with the same file name as the first version. When that happens, the original file is automatically renamed so that it's not lost (just in case). But the important thing is that the file name is correct and the link points to the right place.
JoVoice

Post by JoVoice »

My apologies. Having some trouble with my technology forgive the tardiness of Chapter 3. I am going to have to rerecord.

Thanks,

Jo C Cook/Jo Voice
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

JoVoice wrote: March 28th, 2023, 4:57 pm My apologies. Having some trouble with my technology forgive the tardiness of Chapter 3. I am going to have to rerecord.

Thanks,

Jo C Cook/Jo Voice
No apology necessary! It's been barely two weeks since you claimed, and you have up to two months. I appreciate you keeping me posted, though. I hope you are able to work out the kinks quickly.
JoVoice

Post by JoVoice »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fishermanandfriends_3_banks_.mp3 Here is Section 3 of the Fishermen and His Friends, The Crisis In Peter's life. It was so moving and Peter certainly makes Jesus' pain plain for us all to see. I hope that you are pleased with it.

Jo C Cook
Jeremiahtrunks

Post by Jeremiahtrunks »

Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Rev. Banks is such a balm to the soul, bless him.

May I claim one more:
Sermon 13, A Breakfast with Jesus,
please?
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, everyone! MW updated.
JoVoice wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:49 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fishermanandfriends_3_banks_.mp3 Here is Section 3 of the Fishermen and His Friends, The Crisis In Peter's life. It was so moving and Peter certainly makes Jesus' pain plain for us all to see. I hope that you are pleased with it.

Jo C Cook
Thank you. I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I will listen soon. In the meantime, I have two things I'd like to note. One, be sure you always include the run time for each section that you upload. It looks like this one comes out to 16:33. Is that what you have on your end? Second, for single-digit sections, you need to include a leading zero in the file name (for most projects, anyway). So the name should have had "03" in it, not just "3". Some projects, those that have 100 sections or more, would need two leading zeroes: 003. This ensures that the sections will all play in the right order.
Shuwshan

Post by Shuwshan »

May I do Section 9, The Power of the Risen Christ?
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

So I’ve finally looked over the entirety of Chapter 13, and there are a couple of lengthy passages in dialect that I don’t feel comfortable trying to read “in character.” I’m going to have to surrender my claim.
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both! MW updated.