COMPLETE: The Blythe Girls: Helen, Margy and Rose by Laura Lee Hope - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

cadam10e wrote: March 28th, 2023, 8:31 am
brownrottger wrote: March 28th, 2023, 6:07 am Chapter 23 Optional edit: Run one Noise Reduction on the whole track.
Hope this helps,
Christine
I listened to the chap again and couldn't hear any noise -- what type of noise is it? ( I need to get a sample of the noise to be able to remove it with my old version of audacity). Also, have you heard noise in other chaps? We have an air cleaner that runs in the next room, so if that is occasionally causing an issue, I'll turn it off while recording.
If you can't detect it then its fine. Its a repetitive background noise but no worries.
PL ok.
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

Here’s the re-uploaded chapters 23 and 25. For Chapter 23, I experimented with using a long pause as my noise sample for noise removal— I had turned the volume way up and thought I could detect a very faint background sound - probably the air cleaner. Let me know if the noise removal made a difference.

Thanks for all the help and patience!!!

I am planning on reading the second book in the Blythe Girl series soon if you two ladies are interested in doing PL and MC and aren’t too busy with other projects. This one was also published in 1925…there’s a copy of the text up at google books.

Chapter 23, Time 9:32
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/blythegirls_23_hope_128kb.mp3

Chapter 25, Time 17:06
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/blythegirls_25_hope_128kb.mp3
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

cadam10e wrote: March 28th, 2023, 4:04 pm Here’s the re-uploaded chapters 23 and 25. For Chapter 23, I experimented with using a long pause as my noise sample for noise removal— I had turned the volume way up and thought I could detect a very faint background sound - probably the air cleaner. Let me know if the noise removal made a difference.

Thanks for all the help and patience!!!

I am planning on reading the second book in the Blythe Girl series soon if you two ladies are interested in doing PL and MC and aren’t too busy with other projects. This one was also published in 1925…there’s a copy of the text up at google books.

Chapter 23, Time 9:32
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/blythegirls_23_hope_128kb.mp3

Chapter 25, Time 17:06
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/blythegirls_25_hope_128kb.mp3
Oh goodness! So much better Chapter 23 and 25 are PL ok. Congrats and this is especially great since I could not find a copy of this book any where on line! Of course, I would love to PL your next Blythe book!
Christine
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

cadam10e - Can you please confirm that you wrote the summary? Thanks!
Jo
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

The summary was written by me. I'm glad the noise removal worked! I may use that on all future recordings just as a precaution. I look forward to our next project!! :)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Congratulations Cheryl on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/the-blythe-girls-helen-margy-and-rose-by-laura-lee-hope/

I'd be happy to MC for you again. :)
Jo
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

The catalog page looks great! Thank you for all your work on this project! It has been a lot of fun. I really look forward to working with you and Christine on the next Blythe Girl book! When I put the project up into the new projects launchpad, I will note that I already have an MC and PL. I love these vintage books -- so much more to them than so many more recent ones!
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

Hi, Christine and Jo :)

Someone just told me that the first chapter had all sorts of problems— rustling of pages in the background, some major mistakes that I had edited out…I somehow must have accidentally uploaded an earlier unedited audacity version when we were having all those problems with my uploads!! Don’t know how I missed it; But I have uploaded the correct version of the chapter — I listened to it just now to make sure that it was the right one. I hope that it won’t be too much of a hassle to replace it after launch, but I am afraid readers will be turned off by an awful chapter one!! :(

CHAPTER ONE

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/Blythe_girls_chap_1.mp3
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

I've already found the correct file and replaced the other file. The correct file was uploaded with the wrong filename after the file with the correct filename was entered in the MW. This is a good example of why always following the standard filenaming convention is so important. The files were all marked PL OK in the MW so I cataloged the linked files. I can't change it if it's been picked up by other sites or on YouTube.
Jo
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

So will we need to redo the M4B ? Anne
Yes - I hear I do :D
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

Thanks so much for fixing this! It was entirely my fault — I wasn’t careful enough with the audacity files when I made changes to the first few chapters and I was also messing up with the filenames. I’ve had a steep learning curve, but hopefully am into a groove now! :>)
PS: One listener of a youtube version of the book said they thought the errors and the sound of book pages turning and my cat rubbing the microphone took her back to being read to in bed by her mom, lol!