I'm trying to read more. So why not make it a part-time job?

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jjbagoose

Post by jjbagoose »

Long story as to why I'm here, so here's a nice abridged version for everyone to get to know me!

My partner and I have shared a love for reading since we first got together. She's now legally blind and has a heck of a hard time trying to read, even to our 7- and 4-year old children. As a result, I've been reading out loud for the past 8 years and have found a lot of joy in it! However, I don't get a ton of time for reading the books that I want to read (I instead read a lot of clinical articles about cardiac electrophysiology for my career). The time I do have to read, I find it very difficult to read with our kids distracting me every 2 mins. So my partner, whose been using audiobooks for quite some time now, suggested listening to one, and it blew me away! So, here I am, trying to share a little bit of the joy that my entire family has now experienced, as well as trying to get some reading in for myself!
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

So why not make it a part time job? I have as a retiree for the last dozen years. Don’t make a bunch of money, but some.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page