[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Doctor's Red Lamp by Charles Wells Moulton - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
awilson3900

Post by awilson3900 »

Kalamareader wrote: March 27th, 2023, 7:35 pm
awilson3900 wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 7:00 pm Section 1 below: The Surgeon's Miracle by Joseph Kirkland.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/doctorsredlamp_01_moulton_128kb.mp3
(19:02)

I enjoyed this one immensely! I hope the listener does, too! Please let me know if there are any corrections needed.

Alexis :D
Alexis,

What a great reading. I loved it. You had the accent dead on.

One small thing that should be corrected, at the beginning could you cut the beginning silence down to between .5 and 1 second?

One other comment, not really worth a correction, but as maybe something to think about for other readings. As I mentioned, the accent was dead on, except for two cases, as least I think so. They were the pronunciation of neither and either. I think at the time and place they would have been pronounced 'neether' and 'eether'.

I certainly hope to be able to listen to more of your readings.

Wayne

Wayne,

Thank you for the kind words! I have amended the lead time as requested and the new link is below. Thank you, also, for the valuable feedback. I completely agree with you on maintaining the appropriate dialog/dialect for the time and place of the story. I'll keep that in mind going forward! Good catch!

I hope we are able to work together in the future as I continue to grow and learn in this space!

Please let me know if there are any additional issues with this amended audio file.
Have a wonderful day!

Alexis

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

awilson3900 wrote: March 29th, 2023, 10:30 am Please let me know if there are any additional issues with this amended audio file.
Have a wonderful day!
Alexis

Alexis,

Section 1 is PLOK :thumbs:

Until next time,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
smarchez

Post by smarchez »

I would very much like to read A Doctor’s Story, by E. M. Davy. My user name is smarchez.
Many thanks, Sally Murrell
ej400

Post by ej400 »

smarchez wrote: March 30th, 2023, 7:30 am I would very much like to read A Doctor’s Story, by E. M. Davy. My user name is smarchez.
I'm glad to have you! For your reader page, other than your user name, is there another name you'd like to go by? Maybe a website you'd like to have attached?

Thanks
Elijah
smarchez

Post by smarchez »

That's great Elijah. My full name is Sally Murrell. No website or additional info.
Many thanks, Sally Murrell
ej400

Post by ej400 »

smarchez wrote: March 30th, 2023, 11:38 pm That's great Elijah. My full name is Sally Murrell. No website or additional info.
Awesome! Here's your reader page! https://librivox.org/reader/18488primary_key=18488&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results
valroth

Post by valroth »

Hi Elijah,

May I request Section 9: The Various Tempers of Grandmother Gregg?

And Wayne, can you endure listening to another mutilation of a humorous story? :lol:

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
ej400

Post by ej400 »

valroth wrote: April 1st, 2023, 4:09 am Hi Elijah,

May I request Section 9: The Various Tempers of Grandmother Gregg?

And Wayne, can you endure listening to another mutilation of a humorous story? :lol:

Val
Yes you may! Thank you!
Elijah
HerNarrator

Post by HerNarrator »

Hello!

I can read for section 3 if that is still possible.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

HerNarrator wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 1:05 pm Hello!

Yes it is! And how would you like to be credited? I can create you a reader page. Would you like a website attached?

Thanks
Elijah
HerNarrator

Post by HerNarrator »

ej400 wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 4:20 pm
HerNarrator wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 1:05 pm Hello!

Yes it is! And how would you like to be credited? I can create you a reader page. Would you like a website attached?

Thanks
Elijah
I can be credited as HerNarrator. If you can create a reader page for me that would be helpful, so thank you in advance! And no website for now, is this something I can do later?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

HerNarrator wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 8:37 pm I can be credited as HerNarrator. If you can create a reader page for me that would be helpful, so thank you in advance! And no website for now, is this something I can do later?
Here's your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/18495?primary_key=18495&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results

And I think so. You'd have to contact an admin or post in the Need Help Got Advice? section of the forum to request so (which is no biggie!) :D

Excited to work with you!
Thanks
Elijah
Erinharkey

Post by Erinharkey »

ej400 wrote: March 27th, 2023, 8:01 pm
Erinharkey wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:14 pm Hi— Can I claim section 5? This will be my first recording :)
Hey there! Welcome to librivox! I see you got your one minute test approved, congrats! I will assign section 5 to you :thumbs:

How would you like to be credited? I can create you your reader page and attach a website link to it if you'd like :D

Thanks
Elijah
Hi— I’m not entirely sure what that means to have a reader page but you can use my name, Erin Harkey :) I am almost done with my section and should be uploading this week. Thanks!
Erinharkey

Post by Erinharkey »

Hi, I've completed section 5 a Doctor's Story by E.M. Davy. Time is 31:38

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/doctorsredlamp_05_moulton_128kb.mp3

Thanks!