'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MamaGeek (Celine Major) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wish to thank Celine Major for her very competent rendering of Sylvia Pankhurst's book The Suffragette... I found the story amazing, and it made me feel ashamed about how blasé we've now become concerning the contribution of the suffragettes to the strive for gender equality. Despite being a self-declared feminist for decades, I was unaware about what this generation of suffragettes went through. I'm now trying to get my daughter to listen to it. I'm very grateful to Celine for having made it available as an audio-book in the public domain.

Vanessa

All of Celine's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for cobalt100 (Caden Vaughn Clegg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Clegg,

I just wrote to thank you for your reading. I just recently discovered LibriVox and came across your recording of Frankenstein. Your voice gives a sense of calm and rest, at the same time, keeps my mind astute. This has been very helpful for me - studying for law school can be so tiresome and stressful. Your reading provides me with a well-balanced relaxation and alertness.

I wish you well and I hope you continue on reading. You are gift.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Andrea
Philippines

All of Caden's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Wandel (Carola Janssen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dag Carola,
Voor het eerst heb ik gebruik gemaakt van LibriVox met jouw stem. Ik kwam namelijk niet door het boek Eline Vere heen, maar wilde toch dat ik wist waar het over ging ivm onze leesclub.
Dankzij jouw vlotte foutloze voorleesstem die paste bij het verhaal, en jouw stemveranderingen voor de verschillende personen, heb ik het tot een einde kunnen brengen.
Ik zal vaker van een voorleesboek gebruik gaan maken.
Ook een vriendin die oogproblemen had, was helemaal blij met jouw stem.
Nogmaals veel dank.
Hartelijke groet,
Marjolein

All of Carola's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for skilmer (Sharon Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The Markenmore Mystery by J. S. Fletcher
https://librivox.org/the-markenmore-mystery-by-j-s-fletcher/

Dear Sharon Kilmer
Thank you so much for your reading which makes listening to the stories so entertaining.
I wish also to send you my condolences for the loss of (I assume your relative) Richard Kilmer. I was very sad when I opened the link to 'The Markenmore Mystery' and noticed that he had passed away in 2022. It was a lovely gesture that you mentioned his name at the end of the book. He was so kind to read so many books and I enjoy listening to his voice. It is wonderful that his readings will continue to entertain us all.
I am so grateful to you and all the readers on LibriVox. Thank you.
Yours sincerely
Ann
Athens, greece.

All of Sharon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for beeber (Bruce Pirie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Bruce Pirie for reading Balzac. I love Balzac and spend on average 7 hours a day listening to librivox recordings. I listened to all your Balzac recordings and they are hands down the best. I have an eye disability so sometimes I have trouble reading small lettered words on a book. You're recording and the gutenberg page open are how I spent my December January and February! Thanks!
please read more Balzac ( Lily of the Valley? maybe?)
Sophie

All of Bruce's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for English Andrew (Andrew Coleman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Coleman

Thank you for your (and also Denny Sayers’) superb reading of this novel (Swann's Way) which I would never have read for myself, and which you have made into an absolute delight. It is amazing how you have managed to parse those long, long sentences so that they are always fully comprehensible, and to invest Proust’s sometimes rather purple prose (at least in translation) with exactly the right amount of feeling. Clearly this was a labour of love, and you have this listener’s sincere gratitude.

Kind and grateful regards

David

All of Andrew's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to Phil Chenevert for your beautiful reading of Heidi.

I read this book as a child and loved it but could remember very little of the story as I am now in my 70's. Therefore, I thought I would listen to it as an adult.

Some of the sections made me laugh, especially your voice inflections accounting the views and actions of the housekeeper towards Heidi!

With kindest wishes

Ann in the UK

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for commonsparrow3 (Maria Kasper) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Wow! Just finished listening to your reading of The Home-Maker. You were the perfect person to read this book for us. You made the characters and situations come alive, it was wonderful! Can’t thank you enough!
Evelyn

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
You're one of the rare readers that I would rather listen to than read the book myself. Your delivery of droll humor is very entertaining. I just finished the 2nd of the Jeremy books by Hugh Walpole and look forward to the 3rd, but sadly, last. But there are the William stories to also enjoy. Thank you for introducing Jeremy and William to me in your annual selection of Christmas tales. I'm not sure I would have bothered with them if it hadn't been for the delightful bits you shared.

Another author you've read in your Christmas collections was William Henry Harrison Murray. I looked up all his stories and I intend to listen to the rest of them. I did discover one that hasn't been read, though. You have twice read "How Deacon Tubman and Parson Whitney Kept New Year's," once in your 2019 Christmas collection and once in a short story collection. There's another story that's different called "How Deacon Tubman And Parson Whitney Celebrated New Year's" and I thought I'd let you know in case you'd have a mind to slip that one into your next collection of Christmas tales.

Again, thank you so much for your generous contributions and I pray you continue in good health!

Anita

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for crowwings (Ramona Deininger-Schnabel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hallo Ramona,
Ich habe gerade « Die Gesetzestafeln » gehört und große Lust, Ihnen meine Begeisterung zum Ausdruck zu bringen. Anspruchsvoller tiefgründiger Text, hervorragend gelesen. Ihr so angenehme Stimme hat mich geradezu verzaubert!
Ich grüße Sie herzlich aus der Provence
Wilhelm

All of Ramona's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms Savage,
Thank you so much for your audiobook for Pride and Prejudice. Your voice is so soothing to listen to and it helps me a lot with my English Literature so much that I just have to give my thanks. I hope that you continue to read audiobooks and enjoy it as much as I do. I am very grateful.
Kind regards,
Bethel

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for JamesJenkins (James Jenkins) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear James,
We as listeners appreciate every narrator. The gift for the future that free recordings represent is of incalculable value.
However, there are certain voices which reverberate with certain listeners, and yours is one that I cherish each time I've heard you read. Seller of the Sky by Dave Dryfoos is a poignant and wrenching story in its own right, but the tenderness of your interpretation makes it sing.
I am elderly, insomnia blessed, enjoying the nights as they grow progressively fewer. Being read to in the dark is such an unasked for pleasure. Thank you.
Lyza

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Many thanks to Margaret Espaillat for her wonderful reading of the « Bunner Sisters », so clear (easy to grasp for a non native English speaker) and so sensitive. I was so pleased that I downloaded her reading of « The fruit of the tree ». And thank you Librivox for the great work you’re doing.
Laurence

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Karen Savage: Enjoying your 2007 recording here in Massachusetts in March 2023! Just one of many appreciating your work. You have a lovely voice which is well suited to the work in question. Thank you for your time!

and...
We just thoroughly enjoyed your reading of “The Elusive Pimpernel”. Excellent reading! Thank you!

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TCParmelee (TC Parmelee) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Very pleasant voice - fine reading

All of TC's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!